Power Boards on Carnival Spirit

I read on a relatively recent review of the Carnival Spirit that you were not permitted to take on board your own power board :confused:

On all our previous cruises we have always taken on a power board to charge up mobile phones, computers etc etc. and never had any problems. I well understand the safety issues with kettles and other like appliances, but this seems extreme.

Has anyone else heard of this "policy"? As I said I have only heard of it in a cruise review, never seen anything on the Carnival or any agency web site.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

I read on a relatively recent review of the Carnival Spirit that you were not permitted to take on board your own power board :confused:

On all our previous cruises we have always taken on a power board to charge up mobile phones, computers etc etc. and never had any problems. I well understand the safety issues with kettles and other like appliances, but this seems extreme.

Has anyone else heard of this "policy"? As I said I have only heard of it in a cruise review, never seen anything on the Carnival or any agency web site.

cheers

i read on facebook you can take a powerboard onboard

Don't know about Carnival, but we had our trusty powerboard (which had seen faithful service on many a previous cruise) confiscated on the Oct 23 sailing of Celebrity Solstice - they had crates of them that had been taken - all to be returned at the end of the cruise.

Just a nuisance to have your suitcase delayed, especially if they do not notify you but you have to hunt it down.

cheers

This is what Carnival said on their social media page..., power boards without surge protectors are allowed, however any power board that is deemed hazardous will be confiscated on the day.

I've recently phoned Royal Carribean and Celebrity as we're cruising both of them in 2014 and my husband needs a CPAP machine when sleeping or he stops breathing. They told me to bring a power board and extension cord. Perhaps they are only allowing them for medical reasons?

I've recently phoned Royal Carribean and Celebrity as we're cruising both of them in 2014 and my husband needs a CPAP machine when sleeping or he stops breathing. They told me to bring a power board and extension cord. Perhaps they are only allowing them for medical reasons?

Suggest you put the power board in your carry on so you can at least explain the use to security if they ask. Also don't forget to put your 2 bottles of wine in the carry on as well.

On our recent cruise on Rhapsody, power boards were obviously being targeted by security for checked in luggage. Saw lots and lots of luggage with "power board" written on 2" wide masking tape on people's luggage as they retrieved them from the naughty room:eek: