Infinity Pool - Divina - Has anyone ever seen it filled?

tbmrt

Just curious....We loved the infinity pool on the Divina, but were disappointed that the water was never filled "to the top" to give it a true "infinity pool" appearance. It was just filled like an ordinary swimming pool.

I heard rumors that this was because at sea the motion of the ocean caused the pool to overflow onto aft decks. However, we never saw it filled on sea days either

Has anyone ever seen it totally filled?

By the way, there weren't many children on our 11 night cruise, but some were in infinity pool including babies. Would have been nice to have it adult only and without the very loud music blasting. Love all kinds of music, but really would be nice to have a relaxing spot to swim in sometimes.

We wallked up to the +18 solarium, but no pool closeby...just a whirlpool there and not a very pretty spot in our opinion.

All that being said, we loved the Divina cruise and surely will be back!

Merry Christmas to all!

Barbara

Barbara

I read the same thing in a review that water slopped over the stern and onto balconies from above. They should raise the railing hight where the offending water crosses the line. Or if that won't work then I guess the option is to fill it less.

Also is there a dedicated kids pool? If not not every pool can be kids free.

There are three pools open to everyone, the main pool aqua park (kids #1 choice I reckon), the solorarium pool with cover and the garden pool in back. None of these are adult only?

A fee is correct and no pool nearby so its a waste.

Well I have seen plenty of people who sun worshiped only and never got into the pool the whole time. This area might be of interest for those who don't ever use the pools.

A pool is one deck down to cool off but I get that without a pool it might be less than a perfect sunning spot.

Yes we have seen the Aft pool filled to the Glass screens, the Spa staff were training in it on the Aqua bikes the night that we were also on the receiving end of the pool water pouring down onto the Aft balconies. further nights they were training the pool had been drained down below the top level of the pool.

The pictures we have were taken from the cabin TV which shows the pool overfilled 9but not great quality) others show the staff training with a lower water level.

The pool was never totaly filled again after that apart from when moored in Miami!

Barbara, I was in the aft cabin on level 12 waiting for the water to come down on my deck on reviews read before I left. I do believe this was an issue and that is why they do no fill to top. But I did wake every day to a wet deck, kind of think everyone did. In the middle of the night they wash the decks and thats how I ended up with a lot of water on deck in morning including rice someone must have spilled(being washed off top deck). But I have to say this aft cabin was a dream come true, just a little noisy during docking.

quick question the aft pool is free? I had heard that it was only for the yatch club members.

Also any idea on how many free whirlpools there are in the ship?

Thank you :)

As I understand it, yes the aft pool is free the Yacht club pool is on deck 18 forward.

The top 18 whirlpool (Deck 18 aft) and the two in the Yacht club are (deck 18 forward) are the only ones not free (so to speak).

Until they make a Divina sub board, the people with questions or information will post about whichever ship they have/are planning to cruise on.

There are many threads on many boards I visit that don't interest me. I tend to keep moving, rather than make snarky comments on them. It isn't going to stop people interested in the Divina from posting threads or responding to them, and it may ease your need for anti nausea meds if you just pass them by. ;)

The Divina is the MSC ship in the largest cruise market in tbe world. There will be lots more threads about her I fathom.

As our cruise gets closer I am sure I will start a thread or two.

Try not to wear white when vomit is involved. FYI ;)

robinathome ... The wet decks every morning came from the machine overhead that cleans the windows of the Buffet and not from them being cleaned by staff, if you noticed the pool of water was only ever near the rail in the morning and across the balcony.

Plus there is no access to the balconies other than through the cabin and there are no cleaning machines on the outside of the balcony glass.

IMG_20131119_150347_zps0f35a549.jpg

Edited by sidari

I also think that a sub Divina thread should be considered at least until all this fuss passes. It's a bit annoying that like 80% or 90% of the information about MSC it's about the Divina, which is just a single ship within a 12 ships fleet! And most importantly the threads are almost a exact copy from on to another

I don't refer to this thread in particular, which was interesting IMO since it's a problem about the whole Fantasia Class which I find it to be peculiar.

Well, the moderators have a tool they can use with vBulletin (the board software) to 'marry' duplicate threads or create FAQ 'sticky' threads at the top of the board for each of the ships.

I am a noob here, but I'd think that if there was such an outrage against the Divina posts and the moderators were getting many complaints, this would be done. It just appears to be a few complainers, though.

What say you, moderators?

I am sure MSC is OK with the explosion of threads. So should the mods.

That said the Divina is a US based ship now and will get lots of threads as it is new. And will likely get way more threads than any of the remainder of the MSC fleet.

How much action did the MSC board get prior to the US homeporting?

No offense to europeans but this is THE cruise market. As they say "if you can make it here..."

Legion,

Every other board I've participated in, it was understood that people post within the established guides (for instance, posting questions about my car's transmission woes under the 'Engines' section of the board for that make's owners).

This is the first time I've had 'post police' griping that I'm posting at the correct place, all because they think their should be quotas on posting about the various ships. Meanwhile, more people are coming to CC because they are curious about the Divina here in the US.

It is somewhat humorous, as I imagine these posters trying to do the same in the MDR in their ship "Nope, you can't talk about that topic, we've too many people already talking about that topic, even though they're discussing a completely different facet of said topic. You must remain silent or join their conversation." Or funnier still, when they're at a party, attempting to tell others what they can talk about or that too many people are talking about a topic!

i am sure msc is ok with the explosion of threads. So should the mods.

That said the divina is a us based ship now and will get lots of threads as it is new. And will likely get way more threads than any of the remainder of the msc fleet.

How much action did the msc board get prior to the us homeporting?

No offense to europeans but this is the cruise market. As they say "if you can make it here..."

:ditto:

No offense to europeans but this is THE cruise market. As they say "if you can make it here..."

:confused: This is not a competition

I enjoy reading some Divina threads, specially reviews with pictures, but it is terribly boring to read the very same thing on and on, thread after thread. Maybe it is just a matter of time.

:confused: This is not a competition

I enjoy reading some Divina threads, specially reviews with pictures, but it is terribly boring to read the very same thing on and on, thread after thread. Maybe it is just a matter of time.

Well there is a reason its called a message BORED ;)

Maybe if people used the Search facility as has been suggested elsewhere before posting, there would not be a proliferation of threads on the same questions that have already been answered.

Maybe

But not much fun in that.

The yanks have landed on the MSC board interested in one specific ship. Like McDonalds and KFC and Pizza Hut when we come its all over for the way it used to be. :D

And its only been a month, still have a year to get to know the Divina and if you have been to any other lines boards its clear the search function is purely ancillary.

Yep might as well change the board to MSCUSA. :cool: