Opinion on Maya Chan, Nohoch or Almapeda/ Cab Ride w Person w Bad Back

aimathy

I've been researching all three places (Maya Chan, Nohoch and Almapeda). All of them sound great for different reasons and I'm excited that we will be there soon!

My one major factor I'm dealing with, is that my Mom would like to join us this day, but she has a very bad back. Many times, she uses a wheelchair for longer walks etc, but she is mobile and can walk around on her own when she needs to.

I know that I've read many reviews that say the roads to these resorts are pot hole ridden and provide an adventurous ride. :) I think a ride that is too long and bumpy, or too "adventurous" overall might do a number on her back and make her feel worse.

Can anyone recommend the resort that they think has the easiest ride to and from the port? I would really, really appreciate the advice. Thank you!

I have been to all 3 of these.

Of course the easiest and quickest is going to be Nohoch. It's about a 5 minute ride and on paved roads.

Next closest is Maya Chan. It's about a 15-20 minute drive. I honestly don't remember how the roads were but I don't remember having a bad ride. But then again we were on a huge bus (like one that you would be on for a Greyhound bus for traveling...just not as nice).

Almaplena is a 20 min ride exactly (I timed it). It's mostly on a the main paved road. Then you turn off on to a dirt road. It's not very far. The driver does go around the pot holes. They are huge pot holes, not like little ones everywhere that you hit hard. So even when we would go down in one, it was down and then back up. Nothing major from what I remember plus the ride is short and you are there. It's basically like taking the main road and then the dirt road over to the beach area which is where they are located.