Ziplining in San Juan

BaseballMomof4

Has anyone done this excursion? We ziplined in Roatan and enjoyed it very much, but the one offered by the ship is fairly expensive and I was wondering if it was worth it.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Is this the zipline excursion through Carnival or another cruise line? In May 2010 we were on an Eastern Caribbean on Carnival Glory and did the zipline excursion through Carnival. It was our first time ziplining and we both (DH and I) really enjoyed it. If it is Carnival, I don't know if there will be any differences (same company/zipline area if there is another zip line area near San Juan) since that was almost four years ago. Shortly after that cruise someone posted a question on these boards and I did my best to answer and also attached a link that was written with very detailed information. Since we haven't done the zipline in Roatan (haven't been to Roatan yet), I can't compare the two. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1268195

Yes, I was talking about through Carnival. Thanks for the info! The one in Roatan is super high and had 13 zips. Well worth the $69 we paid. But the Carnival one is something like $149/pp. which seems pretty pricey but then again they have to transport back and forth. Was just wondering if it was an adventurous one or a "baby steps" one ;)

Thanks for the link, I will go read it now!

Yes, I was talking about through Carnival. Thanks for the info! The one in Roatan is super high and had 13 zips. Well worth the $69 we paid. But the Carnival one is something like $149/pp. which seems pretty pricey but then again they have to transport back and forth. Was just wondering if it was an adventurous one or a "baby steps" one ;)

Thanks for the link, I will go read it now!

I wish I could give you a comparison on whether it was adventurous or "baby steps" but that was the first and only zipline excursion we've done, so we have no others to compare it to. I also think the price went up because I'm pretty sure it was $125 when we booked it. The price did include the transportation to and from, equipment rental, etc.

Out of curiosity, I just got on Carnival's website for excursions in San Juan and it appears that they have three different zip line (canopy) tours. I'll attach the links.

This is the one we did in May 2010 and was our first and only zip-line tour. We really liked it but as I mentioned before, we have nothing to compare it to. This one costs $125.00

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/427022

This is the link to the second zip-line excursion that Carnival offers. It's a little more pricey ($159.00) and this one wasn't offered in 2010.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/427034

This is the link for the nighttime canopy tour but there was only one review and it wasn't great. It doesn't mention where this is but sounds like it's the same place as the first one (the one we did during the day). This also costs $125.00.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/427030

I couldn't find the one on Carnival for $149.00 unless it's the one now listed for $159.00 (???). The one that BeccaStorm mentioned might be your best bet if you're comfortable with booking an excursion not sponsored through Carnival. We did several tours on our own (not through Carnival) on our most recent cruise and found them all to be very reliable with set times to ensure cruise passengers are back at the ship with plenty of time to spare. I hope this helps.

hmmmm, I don't know if it is. This one is in El Yunque Rainforest it says so I don't know. Maybe someone that knows Puerto Rico better then I do would know. Can't believe that its 1/2 the price of the ship tour! Its like 2 for 1!

I have done many private tours that are 1/2 the price of the ship tours over the years. Some even less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm trying to find someone who has booked the zip line tour with island marketing as well. We've used island marketing before in other locations I'm just trying to find out where they take us and how the zip line is in El Yunque is.

Six of us did CARNIVALS CANOPY ADVENTURE several weeks ago when on the Freedom. Ship was in port from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. We caught the bus to Rainforest Park around 8:00 or 8:30. When we got to the park we had really no wait to get our equipment and catch sky lift to drop area and pick up guides and hike to first platform. Their were 8 lines and the last was +200 yds. This was my first time zip lining so I have nothing to compare to, but I loved it. Only wish there were more lines. Cost was $125.99 for everything. We had two 18 yr olds and one 19 yr old in our group and I think two had zip lined before. They thought it was great as well. We got back to the ship about 12:45 PM, with a back on board time of 1:30 PM. If we had not been on a Carnival Excursion and on our own, I may have had concerns. When we finished the excursion and got back to the entrance to board the bus to return, their were TONS of Groups and people waiting to begin. ENJOY!:):)