luggage security

Does anyone know what actually happens to our luggage from the time they take it at the pier until it is brought to your cabin?? I would like to know if xray is used or other methods to check for bombs or anything else that could be used by terrorists.

Since we are on the topic of terrorism :( ......

Is it true that divers check the underside of the ship before departure to make sure there is nothing suspicious there? I heard this practice began after 9/11 I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm?

Since we are on the topic of terrorism :( ......

Is it true that divers check the underside of the ship before departure to make sure there is nothing suspicious there? I heard this practice began after 9/11 I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm?

Yes they do do that... There was a piece on the local news down here (Miami/Fort Lauderdale) a while back showing divers checking the hulls of the ships while in port, they even swim into the bow thrusters!

at some of the ports of call, divers are in the water while the ship is tied up. Every time we've been to Cozumel, the ship has had divers out.
Just think: someone is being paid to go diving! "Sorry, honey, I can't do the yard work today -- I have to go diving." Nice work, if you can get it!

Archived