For people currently on QV

cruzadict

Hello, having sailed over Xmas and new Year 3 times on QM2 we are thinking of booking Christmas 2014 cruise on QV. There has always been a fantastic festive atmosphere on board QM2 and was wondering what it has been like on QV. Any carol singing etc.

Hello, having sailed over Xmas and new Year 3 times on QM2 we are thinking of booking Christmas 2014 cruise on QV. There has always been a fantastic festive atmosphere on board QM2 and was wondering what it has been like on QV. Any carol singing etc.

Hi, my parents are on it at the moment and are having a brilliant time. Great atmosphere and carol singing, decorations etc. When they rang me the other day from the ship, they said they would definitely go on it again at Christmas.

just off this morning, and yes lots of decorations and wonderful atmosphere for both C'mas and New Year. I think the only thing missing was mince pies (altho' I believe they were available if you bought the mulled wine, but I don't drink alcohol). There was church services and carols and even Santa managed to get aboard;)

I don't think I would enjoy sailing with a lot of children. But it is a time for big family travel. Not criticizing, just a preference

You would have been very happy then (as were we!) as there was only around 50 on board, and probably half of them were teens rather than 'children'. We hardly ever saw them, and when we did they were well behaved so not really noticeable. I can only remember a couple of times that they were all together and that was a gingerbread house making activity for children and their families and then on C'mas morning Santa visited in the Queens room to give them all a gift.

I have just returned from the Christmas cruise aboard the Queen Victoria and have to say I had a wonderful time along with my family.

There were christmas decorations all through the ship and lots of christmas trees all decorated differently...my favourite tree was the one in the Queens room and also the one in the atrium (level 1).

Also in the atrium was a wonderful display of gingerbread houses which my nieces loved and took numerous photos.

On Christmas eve the deputy captain read 'Twas The Night Before Christmas' to all the children and they had their own carol concert. Then later on that day they had two further carol concerts which made it all very christmassy.

When returning to our cabins on Christmas eve all the adults were given a Wedgewood Cunard porcelain mug which was very nice and as stated before, Father Christmas made an appearance on Christmas Day morning in the Queens room and gave all the children a present (even the teenagers too who all joined in).

So I would definitely recommend the Victoria for a christmas cruise.

Egg nog? Where was this? I think I must have missed out.

It was pretty early in the morning and they were walking round with a tray of it, it was in the bookshop and Cafe Carinthia areas. There was alcoholic and non alcoholic versions and DH says it tasted freshly made not a pre made mix type.