Question about family suites (privacy and price)

crmallett

Thinking about a Family suite for my next cruise with my BF and my best friend and her hubby. Does the, ahem, walls in the stateroom give enough privacy (sound wise)? :rolleyes:

Also, would it be more affordable for us to get two staterooms instead of a suite?

Just wondering. :o

Just off the Liberty with daughter and son-in-law. We had the RFS with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. The bedrooms are seperated by a hallway. Couldn't hear what was going on in the bedrooms !!. Great privacy. It sure spoiled us. Highly recommend it

You will have to figure out your pricing. There was a price drop, so we were able to upgrade

Assuming your talking about the RFS - royal family suite?

There is not much sound privacy between the master bedroom and the sitting area.

Also, the RFS typically requires 5 people to book.

The RFS would likely cost more than two rooms, but would give suite benefits.

Thinking about a Family suite for my next cruise with my BF and my best friend and her hubby. Does the, ahem, walls in the stateroom give enough privacy (sound wise)? :rolleyes:

Also, would it be more affordable for us to get two staterooms instead of a suite?

Just wondering. :o

there is a minimum number to book those cabins..and 4 will not be enough until you are past final payment when they will open it up to everyone.

regardless, I would never plan on 'nookie' while some one else is on the cabin. if that is a major activity, get separate cabins.

On this subject, we were tossing around Owners Suite vs. Two-Bedroom Suite on the Serenade, trying to bait a couple interested in a Cruise but had never gone. They opted out (spent Christmas in Maui - I'm sure that was horrible :p ) so we stayed with the OS. Is a two-bedroom suite 'big enough' for two couples, or better for a family with kids?

On this subject, we were tossing around Owners Suite vs. Two-Bedroom Suite on the Serenade, trying to bait a couple interested in a Cruise but had never gone. They opted out (spent Christmas in Maui - I'm sure that was horrible :p ) so we stayed with the OS. Is a two-bedroom suite 'big enough' for two couples, or better for a family with kids?

We were able to book the RFS for our sailing on Jan 4th and got a great deal. We upgraded from a GS to a RFS for $50. We are a party of 4. Can't wait to enjoy it.

Is a two-bedroom suite 'big enough' for two couples, or better for a family with kids?

We had the RFS on Indy in November for a transatlantic. My husband and I had the master bedroom, my parents were in the second bedroom, and our kids slept in the living room. The second bedroom can accommodate four (2 Pullman beds), and while the suite might feel cramped with eight people, we had plenty of space. Absolutely loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

Just keep in mind that the 2 bedrooms in the RFS are not really comparable- one is truly a master suite while the other is more of a closet, so if you're discussing sharing this cabin with another couple, be sure to talk through expectations in advance. Are you planning to swap rooms mid-cruise so both couples get equal time in the nicer bedroom?

We did share an RFS with DH's sister and her husband when we sailed on Voyager during a family cruise in 2010, and we had the master bedroom for the full week, but we also split the price accordingly, and we applied some RCCL visa points to our share of the cabin, too.