Oasis 3/22

ubsueg

Have been on smaller ships. This is the first time on a mega ship.

Booked Central Park balcony 11645. Can you fill me in on what to expect?

Any must know tips? How far is the port from the airport and what is the best way to get there. Thanks in advance.

Susan

Any must know tips? How far is the port from the airport and what is the best way to get there. Thanks in advance.

Susan

Expect large expansive areas. Expect a lot of people on boarding day, but what seems like an empty ship at other times. Expect to have the option to see and do a lot of things, if you want. Expect a lot of different dining and entertainment options.

The airport is a stones throw away from the cruise port. You'll most likely see the ship from your airplane as you land.

Tips: Don't try to do everything. You'll only exhaust yourself. Do see the all the shows and visit the 7 neighborhoods.

Edited by Tyler80

Susan

For one thing, be sure to keep your balcony curtain closed. I hear it is easy to see across the way.

The cruise port is very close to the airport, you could walk even. I personally never fly the day of a cruise; I always plan on arriving at least one day in advance of the ship leaving.

Most hotels will provide complete transportation. (From Airport to Hotel; Hotel to Cruise Port, and some even do Cruise Port to Airport for Journey home.)

Must know tips:

Reserve Entertainment ahead of time! (Like now). Use the precruise planner on the RCI site. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=4&snav=8

Only do what you want, do not try everything. The ship has something for everyone, not everything for everyone.

Get onboard before the crowd. RCI says boarding is 2:00. You can normally get on by 11:30. Your stateroom may not be ready though, but should be ready by 2:00.

Book excursions ahead of time. The excursion desk is crowded on the Oasis. (precruise planner)

Sign Waivers in Advance. (precruise planner)

Do online check in.

Take medical precautions before the cruise. (Starting a week before each of my cruises, I take cold remedy every day to prevent cabin confinement.)

Have fun!

Edited by Oasis Of The Seas Expert