Just back from Glory -"American Table" video

Manatee Mom

We returned today from the Carnival Glory. Will add a more detailed review later but below is a link to some video my DH took showing some of what we experienced with the new "American Table" and "American Feast" test onboard this ship.

Thanks for the video. What did you think of the food?

Does anyone know if these menus will be going on all ships in the near future?

I noticed the "vomit kit" at the end. Don't think I ever saw one of those before - thankfully.

Maybe it's just me... but from the video, it seems like the American Table is very casual, just by removing the table linens!! With that said, I cannot see people following the dress code for the MDR, when most nights are like going to a typical local restaurant.

Maybe it's just me... but from the video, it seems like the American Table is very casual, just by removing the table linens!! With that said, I cannot see people following the dress code for the MDR, when most nights are like going to a typical local restaurant.

Are you under the impression that table cloths affect how an individual dresses for dinner?

Are you under the impression that table cloths affect how an individual dresses for dinner?

IMO, no table cloth changes the ambiance of the MDR. Don't you dress differently when going to, let's say, Chili's or Outback, as opposed to a restaurant with fine china and linens on the table???? I do :)

Edited by QTPieRye

IMO, no table cloth changes the ambiance of the MDR. Don't you dress differently when going to, let's say, Chili's or Outback, as opposed to a restaurant with fine china and linens on the table???? I do :)

I'd dress to whatever dress code is required - and of course what is enforced.

I don't go to Chili's or Outback. We don't have them within subway distance. But I do go to a lot of fine dining establishments in Washington, DC and tablecloths are becoming a thing of the past. I simply cannot understand all the forty-year-olds who say that a tablecloth will make or break their dining experience. It just makes the room feel like a wedding banquet.

I don't mind family style with my family and friends but would be kind of weird with total strangers.

Agree with your there. I think for those items that are served family style, they should provide one per family - especially with concerns about norovirus.

I don't go to Chili's or Outback. We don't have them within subway distance. But I do go to a lot of fine dining establishments in Washington, DC and tablecloths are becoming a thing of the past. I simply cannot understand all the forty-year-olds who say that a tablecloth will make or break their dining experience. It just makes the room feel like a wedding banquet.

Honestly, for me, it doesn't really matter as I enjoy wearing a dress and dolling myself up for dinner, regardless of table surface; however, I found it interesting that when my DH watched the video, he yelled hallelujah!