Elation 2014 refurb 2.0 upgrades - what will it get?

cruzzza

And when will it be? I have searched & googled and all I see is that the 2.0 is coming in 2014 (maybe Nov-Dec), but I can't find out what it is getting. Specifically, is this a major refurb or is it just getting the 2.0 added? What about the water slides/pool areas, what changes can we expect? I wonder if a Waterworks will be added. I wonder if this is also going to be a full ship refurb - where the rooms and public areas are enhanced (new carpet/furnishings, etc.) I would LOVE to hear that some balconies are being added, but I think that's probably too much to ask. Thinking about a Dec cruise next year and would love it if someone had some additional/detailed info about her.

Hmmm, thanks for that reply. Just as I suspected, it's in dire need of sprucing up - and that's one reason I asked. I wonder how much better she'll look after the refurb and what all they plan on doing. If they are just adding some stuff without doing a full refurb, I'm not sure we'll book. Since there doesn't seem to be any real detailed info out there, looks like we'll wait to book and look at other options. :(

I'd love to know too.

I was on her in Jan. '13 and loved it.

She's small and could use updating but nothing that I would consider dire, that's for sure.

I'd sail her again as is.

I'm planning on booking her for Jan. '15 for a solo but it seems someone always wants to go with me so I don't know if I'll ever get to cruise solo. :p

• 2 months later...
The ship itself definitely needs to get a facelift.

If Carnival is planning on keeping the Fantasy class ships around, I wish that they would refurbish all of them with more modern decor. They may be sentimental favorites of many but their decor is so outdated :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

From what I've heard, she is just getting a facelift and refurbishing, not any of the 2.0 upgrades.

Moreover, I don't think the majority of 2.0 upgrades will FIT on a Fantasy-class ship. (As distinguished from the Evolutions of Fun upgrades, which were designed for the Fantasy-class.)

I read somewhere that it'll be getting the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar for sure, but not things like Guy's Burgers. It might also get those god-awful Playlist Productions shows, but Carnival might reconsider this one, after seeing how many people don't like them. No idea on other upgrades, like the Waterworks. (I'd prefer they keep the old slide; it's a fun throwback to the Holiday class.)

If Carnival is planning on keeping the Fantasy class ships around, I wish that they would refurbish all of them with more modern decor. They may be sentimental favorites of many but their decor is so outdated :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know.

I think that Elation is a pretty ship.

They could get rid of those robot thingies outside one of the clubs, otherwise I don't know.

I am really rather fond of the peacocks on lido and those big copper balls in the lobby.

I think the Elation is gorgeous too! It was my first (and so do far ONLY Carnival ship - sailing the Dream in October). The atrium takes my breath away. The staterooms could use a little updating but I think the Elation is beautiful. I DO wish it had balcony rooms.. but I doubt that will happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I've heard that Elation is a beautiful ship and not really like the other Fantasy class.

I have not been on all the Fantasy class, but of Sensation, Fantasy, and Ecstasy and Elation it is the prettiest.

I is prettier than the larger ships I have been on too.

I really think that Elation is not all that outdated.

Size is more a matter of preference.

The pool area could be improved, but I don't use it anyway so whatever.

I read somewhere that it'll be getting the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar for sure, but not things like Guy's Burgers. It might also get those god-awful Playlist Productions shows, but Carnival might reconsider this one, after seeing how many people don't like them. No idea on other upgrades, like the Waterworks. (I'd prefer they keep the old slide; it's a fun throwback to the Holiday class.)

Jeanette at the future cruise desk said the Elation will not be getting playlist productions... thank goodness.

• 1 month later...

I am booked on her in December and need to find out if this will impact my vacation -- hoping that the only impact will be a newly refurbished ship. I need this vacation SO badly and would be very upset if it is missed. Surely they wouldn't book us if the ship would be out of service - right??:confused:

John Heald confirmed the dates for Elation's dry dock and it was late Sept/early Oct 2014. But he wasn't specific on what she would get. Sometimes I wonder if Carnival has even decided or if they're still making a game plan. The Waterworks area on the Fascination is my family's favorite so we're hoping the Elation gets that too. I'm almost willing to gamble and book something for next spring...almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When the orignal 2.0 announcement was made Elation and paradise were the only two fantasy class to be receiving 2.0 upgrades. The elation is a nice ship in the public areas. However the staterooms need major over hauling. Need to get rid of the corner box and pink cabinets.

• 2 months later...
John Heald confirmed the dates for Elation's dry dock and it was late Sept/early Oct 2014. But he wasn't specific on what she would get. Sometimes I wonder if Carnival has even decided or if they're still making a game plan. The Waterworks area on the Fascination is my family's favorite so we're hoping the Elation gets that too. I'm almost willing to gamble and book something for next spring...almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He did in a response to a question posted on his wall. He said no 2.0. Said she would have hull work, new pool and hot tubs. New carpets and tile work. I am suprised since elation and paradise were the only fantasy ships listed on the orginal 2.0 list. Oh well who knows maybe they will throw us a suprise.

• 2 weeks later...
He did in a response to a question posted on his wall. He said no 2.0. Said she would have hull work, new pool and hot tubs. New carpets and tile work. I am suprised since elation and paradise were the only fantasy ships listed on the orginal 2.0 list. Oh well who knows maybe they will throw us a suprise.

Got us booked for 2015. Yes, I'm hoping for a surprise, too, but I'm afraid I'm going to be sadly disappointed. New Orleans really needs a Triumph class ship. Booked it only because the Triumph was way too expensive and further than I wanted to drive. I'm willing to bet that New Orleans would pull some of the Triumph's base if they put a sister ship here and the prices would even out between the two. (Talking short cruises here.)