Elation 2014 refurb 2.0 upgrades - what will it get?

cruzzza

• 4 weeks later...
So John Heald just put on his facebook that aside from the cosmetic upgrades during the dry-dock, the 2 pool bars will be converted to the Red Frog and Blue Iguana bars. If this is the case, that Cheers package will be EVEN SWEETER!!!

Bob

He later edited the post to correct the ship -- apparently it's actually the Ecstasy getting the Red Frog and Blue Iguana. It sounds like Elation will not be getting 2.0 upgrades. I personally don't care but wanted to make sure no one was misled by the apparent mistake on his fb page.

Yes, I was disappointed when JH corrected himself and said that the Ecstacy, not the Elation, was getting the 2.0 additions. It's odd to me that the Elation, being the newer ship, isn't getting what the older ones are getting. I am looking forward to seeing what improvements they do make.

Edited by cruzzza

Yes, I was disappointed when JH corrected himself and said that the Ecstacy, not the Elation, was getting the 2.0 additions. It's odd to me that the Elation, being the newer ship, isn't getting what the older ones are getting. I am looking forward to seeing what improvements they do make.

Although I think that Carnival would really improve the Fantasy class experience buy adding the 2.0 upgrades to the smaller ships, according to the drydock schedule the Elation will receive the following:

Routine hotel maintenance

· Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting and tile work in lounges and public areas

· Fitness Center and Spa Carnival upgrades

· Club O2 upgrades

I was told that there is not enough room for concepts like Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina, but it seems to me that they could fit in in place of the Grill and Mongolian Wok. I had high hopes when the drydock was announced, but now I'm resigned to the best case being the giant box will be removed from the corner of the cabiins.

Although I think that Carnival would really improve the Fantasy class experience buy adding the 2.0 upgrades to the smaller ships, according to the drydock schedule the Elation will receive the following:

Routine hotel maintenance

· Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting and tile work in lounges and public areas

· Fitness Center and Spa Carnival upgrades

· Club O2 upgrades

I was told that there is not enough room for concepts like Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina, but it seems to me that they could fit in in place of the Grill and Mongolian Wok. I had high hopes when the drydock was announced, but now I'm resigned to the best case being the giant box will be removed from the corner of the cabiins.

I think they could move the Cantina inside and put Guys where the grill is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If Carnival is planning on keeping the Fantasy class ships around, I wish that they would refurbish all of them with more modern decor. They may be sentimental favorites of many but their decor is so outdated :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree. Maybe a mini Sunshine treatment--new carpets, lighting, toned down decor in bars.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, that'd be great. They need some serious re-decorating. Even though I was a fan of Farcus, it's just not modern and needs to go. Part of what is so annoying about the older ships is that their décor is so dated. It used to not bother me, but the older the ships get, the more tired and outdated they look (ha, I guess that's natural considering they ARE getting older, but I think you get my point).

I don't buy that there's not enough room for the 2.0 upgrades. They're putting them on the Ecstacy, right?!

Yes, that'd be great. They need some serious re-decorating. Even though I was a fan of Farcus, it's just not modern and needs to go. Part of what is so annoying about the older ships is that their décor is so dated. It used to not bother me, but the older the ships get, the more tired and outdated they look (ha, I guess that's natural considering they ARE getting older, but I think you get my point).

I don't buy that there's not enough room for the 2.0 upgrades. They're putting them on the Ecstacy, right?!

I believe the Ecstacy is just getting the Rum and Tequila bars which is pretty much a re-branding of the existing lido bars, not the Red Frog PUB or Blue Iguana CANTINA which are (I guess) bigger projects.

I agree about the decor, I didn't mind the Farcus look so much on my first two cruises, then we sailed on the Breeze, and I much prefer the understated look there.

The shorter Fantasy class sailings fit our current lifestyle better, but it would be nice if Carnival could keep them reasonably up to date.