Shows on Summit

trkmas3122

Hi,

I know this can vary a lot, but I am trying to get an idea on what kind of shows you can go to on the Summit... 19 days in counting!!

If you go to my review at www.thepreismans.com and check out our New England/Canada cruise, you can read about all of the shows and see lots of photos from the various performers and shows. Enjoy!

Hi,

I know this can vary a lot, but I am trying to get an idea on what kind of shows you can go to on the Summit... 19 days in counting!!

I just returned from Southern Carribbean on the Summit. For me personally, the best entertainment was the couple from the Ukraine - they performed acts very similar to Circque de Soleil. They were phenomenal.

I just returned from Southern Carribbean on the Summit. For me personally, the best entertainment was the couple from the Ukraine - they performed acts very similar to Circque de Soleil. They were phenomenal.

They were incredible and probably the best act we have ever seen on a cruise ship.

Did they still have an acapella quartet?

Foursail, the a spells group, of four men was on my sailing the week of December 14th.

There was also a hypnotist, a comedian, the acrobats, some musical like show with a sea/ captain/mermaid love story, and I forget the other shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If you go to my review at www.thepreismans.com and check out our New England/Canada cruise, you can read about all of the shows and see lots of photos from the various performers and shows. Enjoy!

A couple of the singers in your pictures look familiar, but most do not. I know that the CD and comedian were different on our cruise a couple of weeks ago for sure. I didn't see anything about Gary Arbuthnot, Tom Wopat, Ryan Joyce, Band Artistique, Doug Cameron or Travis Turpin. I think the entertainment changed significantly now that the Summit is in the Caribbean.

A couple of the singers in your pictures look familiar, but most do not. I know that the CD and comedian were different on our cruise a couple of weeks ago for sure. I didn't see anything about Gary Arbuthnot, Tom Wopat, Ryan Joyce, Band Artistique, Doug Cameron or Travis Turpin. I think the entertainment changed significantly now that the Summit is in the Caribbean.

I do think a lot of them were finishing up their contracts; plus CD Alexander moved to the Reflection. We saw him on that cruise a few weeks ago. But the production shows are the same ones; and will be for a while.

During the summer sailings to Bermuda there were special guest artists from Broadway who sailed. We saw Anthony Rapp, who was Mark in the original Broadway production of Rent.

Last week, the singers and dancers, along with the "fliers" as they call themselves, were excellent! We went to all of the shows and enjoyed them immensely, although we had seen them at least 3 times before! The female singers were far better than the men, who really weren't all that good.

We also loved the comedian, Buzz Sutherland, who was really funny. Again, we've seen his act before but he is just as funny a second and third time around.

The piano & guitar players were good, although we missed Jordan Peterson, who played on our last two Summit cruises. The A Capella Group, 4Sail, was just ok.

Definitely go to the Welcome Aboard show, where you will get a taste of the entertainment for the rest of the week.