Whats up with Dream? Sat embark is delayed! 1/4

nu2crusin

Got the same notice. I so hope it's just a precautionary measure, and not actual norovirus. It does sound like Oasis was hit with the virus, but I can't find anything yet about any other ships. I hope Carnival is just being cautious...

We were looking forward to arriving early, but with 3 kids in tow, not sure they'd have the patience to wait for hours inside the terminal waiting to embark. We may have to come up with a backup plan.

Wow!!!! You would think Carnival would have told you this, sooner!!! 4 days in advance? Odd. Well, make the best of it, and have a great cruise!!!!:D

Perhaps something isn't quite right on their current cruise and they want it fixed now. Or perhaps some part they were waiting for has arrived.

Not sure why Carnival doesn't just change the departure time all together instead of sending these stupid E-mails.....there's no problems with customs or maintenance ...it's just them not wanting everyone to show up at once and to not set sail until after 5:00. There's already a million threads on this ....look around!

Not sure why Carnival doesn't just change the departure time all together instead of sending these stupid E-mails.....there's no problems with customs or maintenance ...it's just them not wanting everyone to show up at once and to not set sail until after 5:00. There's already a million threads on this ....look around!

This situation is unique because the boarding has changed from 12:30-3 to 2:00-5:30. The boarding time is longer and the departure is quite delayed.

The Dream usually sails out @ 4. This indicates the ship won't leave until after 5:30. I think its reasonable to say that this situation is different. The delay doesn't upset me, but I did have some things to take care of before early dinner which I may not have enough time to accomplish now.

The Dream usually sails out @ 4. This indicates the ship won't leave until after 5:30. ....but I did have some things to take care of before early dinner which I may not have enough time to accomplish now.

The Muster Drill may interfere with early dinner now.

What the heck. Just got an e mail also from Carnival Conquest leaving 1-5 is also late embarking. 2 ships in 2 days. makes one wonder doesn't it??:mad:

Being as the number of ships involed is going up. It could be just what they are saying somthing on board that needs to be tested. And if it needs tobe done by an outside angency, Carnival would be effected by their time frame. In October the bus company I work for was inspected by Fed. DOT we got a call on Thursday that they would be there on Monday.

So glad to hear that no one is aware of current sickness going on from the Dream out right now. That is great news.

The trouble with Norovirus right now is that according to the news, it is sweeping the land country right now like wildfire. Just increases potential for it to hit ships with all of the traveling ahead of time, etc. It did hit RCL this week and that does not seem like a surprise if it is sweeping on the land. So, just extra aware of hand washing all along the way from the start of the trip even on the airlines. Call me a freak, but as a nurse, my poor family is going to get nagged now about the hand washing and I'm bringing extra clorox wipes that will be started in use on the arm rests in the airplanes.

Jennifer

Universal precautions queen

My daughter just got back on the Fascination this morning and is reporting that a lot of people on their floor have been throwing up. She said the whole floor smells like it really bad and they are doing a lot of cleaning. They also had a sewage line break on this cruise.

• 2 weeks later...