A question for gbenjo regarding late embarkation on Celebrity Solstice.

Brossy

Hi gbenjo

I know you work on checkin with Royal (and I assume Celebrity?) and am hoping you can answer my question.

I am cruising on Solstice 3 nighter in Jan and my husband has to work so he won't be checking in with me. According to Sydney ports schedule the ship will leave at 8pm. What time is the latest my husband can embark the ship? He is coming from Nelsons Bay so I am worried he won't make it on time if he leaves too late.

Thanks in advance.

Hi gbenjo

I know you work on checkin with Royal (and I assume Celebrity?) and am hoping you can answer my question.

I am cruising on Solstice 3 nighter in Jan and my husband has to work so he won't be checking in with me. According to Sydney ports schedule the ship will leave at 8pm. What time is the latest my husband can embark the ship? He is coming from Nelsons Bay so I am worried he won't make it on time if he leaves too late.

Thanks in advance.

i'm not Grahame but normally its 60 minutes before departure

Hi gbenjo

Thanks in advance.

We were on Solstice in March, Syd-Auck. I am pretty sure all checkins closed @ 6pm for 8pm sailing. Best check with Celebrity/RCI office in Sydney.

Above all enjoy

this from Celebrity FAQ

Boarding Your Ship

It is your responsibility to arrive on time for boarding. Please check with your travel agent to confirm boarding and departure times. Due to government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, you are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to your cruise. Failure to check in and be onboard at least 60 minutes in advance will constitute a no-show. Your booking will be canceled, and cancellation charges will be assessed.

We were on Solstice in March, Syd-Auck. I am pretty sure all checkins closed @ 6pm for 8pm sailing. Best check with Celebrity/RCI office in Sydney.

Above all enjoy

They usually start the ring around at this point, as staff we can't close down till there is a certain percentage on board.... And then I guess they make a decision to cut it completely

Worst times are when the ship overnights ...... There was one night that I didn't get home till after 9 pm ......

With no immigration for the cruise it might work in your favour

Thanks guys. I'm hoping he can get out of work early and make it to opt by 5pm but at least I now have an idea.

make sure he has his own express pass and if you are going to be boarding earlier it would be better to register the onboard expenses under your name.... as it is easier to link a passengers expenses to someone who has already boarded otherwise you might need to fill out extra forms to change it when you board earlier...

make sure he has his own express pass and if you are going to be boarding earlier it would be better to register the onboard expenses under your name.... as it is easier to link a passengers expenses to someone who has already boarded otherwise you might need to fill out extra forms to change it when you board earlier...

Thanks :) . I spoke with celebrity a few weeks ago about this and they advised the same thing. The guy just couldn't advise the time frame for late boarding (he said it would be what my ticket advises) but I don't trust that lol.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app