POM to FLL Airport for 12:20 PM Flights?

botbienvn

I wonder if we will have enough time to catch a 12:20 PM flight on a Sunday (June 15) from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport.

I wanted to buy the Faster to the Fun (Carnival) so we can get off the ship quickly on the disembarkation day but it was sold out.

Not sure if the 12:20 PM flight is too risky.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by IceCreamCake
Spelling

I walked off epic in Miami around 8:30, SAS had van at FLL by 10. Just take your own luggage off and walk off early.

Thank you for your advice. You have an excellent suggestion. The problem is we have 2 kids, not sure if we will be able to carry the luggage by ourselves. However, you just made an excellent point that I did not think of.

Edited by IceCreamCake
typo

12:20 should be okay -- you need to be at FLL by about 10:50 (earlier is better!) which means clear of customs/immigration with bags and loading into a shuttle/taxi/car service by 10:00 -- it is about a 45 minute drive; I doubt you'll need FTTF to make that time off the ship -- they are usually pushing stragglers off by 9:15 or so.

With 4 travelling together a taxi for $80-85 is an option -- no waiting for a shuttle, etc.

Good luck! :)

Take SAS to FLL, you could do walk-off and be through Customs and Immigration much quicker, even with 2 children; in April 2011 we were off ship and through customs by 8:15, SAS was right there, we were at FLL by 9:10, had a 12 noon flight, no problem. Good Luck!!

The operative word here is that you "should" be OK. One of the things you have in your favor is your date in June as you and only one other ship arrive to Miami that day. No one can guarantee that there will not be a problem but I will also second that 12:20 should be fine.

I would not take a shuttle. I would just take a taxi or better yet look into a private car that is there waiting for you so you can just get going quickly as soon as you are out of the terminal.

Keith