Spouse Doesn't Like Crusing <sigh>

MsAbs

When we first met, we lived in different towns. When we got married, I moved to his town. I was unable to find a job due to recession. Also the company I was working for was sold and my position was eliminate. They did give me a new position, but that didn't work out for me. My DH is self-employed and owns a small business. Now I run his office and help with the administration side of his business. With the recession, we're still struggling to make ends meet. Then there is finding time to shut down the business while we go on vacation, so it's been 7 years since either one of us has had a vacation.

I think the inclusive-resorts will probably be our thing. Several or our friends and family like to go on cruises and I've talked to them about going. Hopefully he will come around and we'll go on a cruise with them.

Right now I'm just ready for warm-sunny beach getaway... especially with temperatures today at 6˚F!

Interesting, my non-cruising hubby and I just had this conversation last night. We decided to do an all inclusive this spring.

Interesting, my non-cruising hubby and I just had this conversation last night. We decided to do an all inclusive this spring.

We're doing our first AI in February because we only had 7 days and thought that this was the vacation that would give us more R and R. Hopefully we won't find it too boring after cruising.

My aunt just took her family on an all-inclusive to the Beaches resort in Turks & Caicos and they loved it. It is definitely an option.

I was mainly wondering if any one else has had trouble getting a spouse or bf/gf to take a cruise. I can't image going on a trip without my DH. Especially since we don't get to travel very much. I did two of my cruises solo and loved it! I have no problem going alone, but it would be much more fun to go with him.

I'm going to recruit his brothers and their wives to help me next time they go on one. I'm already working on a solution for our next hurdle...

Our property has been broke into 4 times, so we had to get a professionally trained guard dog to patrol the yard. He only knows us and doesn't met anyone else not even my step-daughter. We don't have anyone to feed him if we go out of town. I'm thinking about training him to use a auto-feeder. We will have to board our other babies (2 cats + Chihuahua) it's going to be expensive.

• 9 months later...

A good friend of mine invite us to go with them and their group on a cruise on Carnivals Sunshine. I twisted DH's arm until he caved in and said yes. Now, I'm just waiting... 109 days and counting! :D

A good friend of mine invite us to go with them and their group on a cruise on Carnivals Sunshine. I twisted DH's arm until he caved in and said yes. Now, I'm just waiting... 109 days and counting! :D

Excellent news! Hope you both have a fabulous time!!