Bring A Friend Referral Bonus

I have just checked my Crown & Anchor profile and found that the referrals I submitted have been approved. This means I will receive $75 in on board credit. How will I know this has definitely been credited to my account? Would I need to double check with the staff at check in or will I receive a confirmation e-mail from RCA advising the approvals?

I have just checked my Crown & Anchor profile and found that the referrals I submitted have been approved. This means I will receive $75 in on board credit. How will I know this has definitely been credited to my account? Would I need to double check with the staff at check in or will I receive a confirmation e-mail from RCA advising the approvals?

Call whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This is a PDF file they will email you and the OBC should show up in the center of the first page.

Call whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This is a PDF file they will email you and the OBC should show up in the center of the first page.

I booked from RCCL's Singapore office and they have been most unhelpful in this matter. They said they have raised this matter to the powers above but are unable to verify that it has been approved. The only thing they said was to go to the concierge on the ship if I board and do not see the OBC reflected. I am hoping I don't have to do that tomorrow! :(

When logging in, I was getting dire messages in RED, that my name did not match with what C&A had on file and I should call them. A few weeks ago I was not getting that message and nothing had changed. After speaking to the C&A rep, going over everything, it was finallydiscovered that their program had the surname first. After that was corrected, everything was fine.

Anyhoo, I filled out the info for Bring a Friend with I originally booked directly with RCCL. I've since transferred my reservation to a TA and she is saying I won't be getting it as I am now part of a group booking or something.:confused:

I understand some of the promos not being combinable but we're talking about a rather insignificant amount of money here. It's principle, folks.;) I am bringing a new cruiser with the potential of her being a repeat customer, exactly what the program hopes to achieve.

I mentioned it to the C&A rep who looked into it and says it is still pending. Wonder what my chances are of actually getting it once onboard? Also, three days into my cruise, I will have enough points for the next level up. The C&A rep did say to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador so I guess that's my best bet. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience getting bumped up mid cruise? It's not really worth much but why miss out on even something small?:)

Edited by iheartbda

Thanks for the replies. I will print out the screen showing the approved bonuses and ask Guest Relations on board the ship if it does not appear in my account.

We used the F&F last March and they forgot to add it on the ship and I totally forgot about it until we were on our way home. One call to RCI and the put a $25 credit on my credit card that day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to call tonight on this topic. I have tried to use the interface for the 'bring a friend' between yesterday and today 10 times, on 3 different computers, with 4 different browsers.

I am getting weird errors each time. Sometimes 'REservation not valid', sometimes 'birthday not valid'....and when I try to go to the page where I can see my referral history, NOTHING shows up!

*sigh* no need for any responses. Just wanted to vent for a moment. I'll have to call RCL and give them all my reservations and hope they will do it for me over the phone!

Question, can you combine stockholder with the bring a friend?

I don't think so. Here is the relevant portion of the Terms and Conditions:

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

*sigh* no need for any responses. Just wanted to vent for a moment. I'll have to call RCL and give them all my reservations and hope they will do it for me over the phone!

They will do it, you will need your friends' info, including birth dates and reservation number.