RCI and solo

Bonzy49

I have done many RCI cruises but as I am now branching out alone I am wondering if they have meet ups for solo passengers?

Some ships have meet and greets for single cruisers. I would think that includes solo cruisers too.

It depends on the cruise. Several of my recent cruises have offered a "solos meet for lunch" table.

It's really important to go to the Meet and Mingle and join in any activities that the CC group might arrange. Follow the CC thread and make an effort to put names to faces. I've met a ton of people in the last few months and I don't always remember names, but I just say "I'm sorry. I know we met, but I don't remember your name". Chances are they are in the same boat (or should that be ship?) and can't remember your name either. Also get out of your cabin and hang out in public places.

I felt so sorry for a solo I met at the end of the Navigator TA. She asked to join two of us solos in the WJ. She had been traveling Europe solo all fall. She had never heard of CC, which was really too bad because we had a large solo table of 14 that was arranged through the roll call and we had a great group of friendly folks.

I agree with 138east. My last two solo cruises have been that much better because I interacted within my roll calls.

During my last cruise, I had interacted so much that I had two excursions set up with fellow roll call members and one particular couple kept me company many times throughout the week. They even invited me to join them for dinner one night in the MDR, which turned out to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

• 1 month later...

No one showed up for the first lunch time solo meet on the Serenade 2/15. If they did, I couldn't pick them out from the drinkers. No coordination of solo meet by activities director. Definite edge for NCL.

Here's a pic of one of the 3 studios on RCCL....ImageUploadedByForums1393645166.524193.jpg.c4b1894996b31b1834cc050896a86bdc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree with 138east. My last two solo cruises have been that much better because I interacted within my roll calls.

During my last cruise, I had interacted so much that I had two excursions set up with fellow roll call members and one particular couple kept me company many times throughout the week. They even invited me to join them for dinner one night in the MDR, which turned out to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I seem to be the only solo on my roll call and members have not been very interactive with me. I have unsubscribed from the roll call.

The room is small, but I did 3 previous studios on the NCL Epic, so I expected the size. It's a Hyundai compared to the Mercedes Epic....but price is comparable, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app