Scuba and beach time

Jersey42

We are a family of four who are looking to combine some diving and beach time in Roatan. Any ideas where we can find one location that meets all of our needs? Here are the specifics:

• Two of us are certified divers and we would like to do two dives.
  • My son is not certified, but he would like to get at least one dive in Roatan. He has done several Discover Scuba courses and he would be happy to do that again. Ideally the three of us would like to dive together.
  • My wife is not a diver and wants a beach with a chair and a place to get some lunch and refreshments.

Is there any place that could accommodate all four of us? Bananarama worked perfectly for us a few years back, but they told me they are completely full the day we are in port and unless they get some cancelations, they can not handle us this time.

I will also try posting this on the Scuba and Snorkeling board.

Toss Foster's as email... there is a dive shop right on their part of the beach.

Fantasy Island may also sort this for you.

Sundowner's on West End's Half Moon Bay beach will offer a chair and beverages to your wife... if any of the dive places in West End will fit the bill. Native Son's, Coconut Tree and Reef Glider's all come to mind.

I think you will have to contact the dive shops directly to see if they will accommodate you on two dives and you son's Discover option.

First one that comes to mind is Infinity Divers. Top notch dive shop. Dives at 8:30, 10:30 and 2:30 daily (weather permitting) Not sure of your port times but I remember when we were there on a cruise stop we could only get in 1 dive. We used West End Divers for that one and they had a one tank dive at 9:00 am.

http://infinitydivers.com

We use them exclusively when we are there on land vacations.... right at Infinity Bay which has the best beach for your wife

http://www.infinitybay.com/index.html

Have also used West End Divers in West End but not really the best area for beach for your wife.

Your best bet is to call around and discuss your port arrival time, time to get to dive shop, and port departure time....... see if you can fit in 2 dives.

I sent out a few email inquiries and Anthony's Key referred me to Sueno Del Mar and we are booked. They will accommodate all four of us, work around our schedule and include transportation. They have been extremely responsive so far.

I sent out a few email inquiries and Anthony's Key referred me to Sueno Del Mar and we are booked. They will accommodate all four of us, work around our schedule and include transportation. They have been extremely responsive so far.

When is your cruise? I do not wish to hijack but will be interested in your experience once your return.