Carry on luggage

HappyHygienist

If all I have to carry on and off the ship is a small wheeled piece of luggage, am I allowed to do this myself or do I have to put the luggage tags on it and let them take it? Thanks!

As long as your carry on is under the maximum size (22"X14"X9" in order to fit through the scanner) you can carry it on and off, as you wish.

Any guest can carry ON anything that will fit thru the scanner. A guest may carry OFF anything of any size.

Note--we put our tags on our carry on as well as any checked pieces. It is bar coded so that if by some chance our bags become separated from us, any guest can scan them and get them to the proper place. Yes, a tag with your name would do as well, but the scan code makes it easy.

Any guest can carry ON anything that will fit thru the scanner. A guest may carry OFF anything of any size.

Note--we put our tags on our carry on as well as any checked pieces. It is bar coded so that if by some chance our bags become separated from us' date=' any guest can scan them and get them to the proper place. Yes, a tag with your name would do as well, but the scan code makes it easy.[/quote']

Quite right. Much clearer answer, thank you.

Speaking of anything that will fit thru the scanner .....

I keep seeing this carry on bag size posted. Well of course, as these dimensions are on DCL's site. But we have sailed with our "large" carry on, just like at the airport(with the appropriate aircraft) and had no problems with that carry on fitting thru the scanner at DCL security in PC.

I wonder if DCL is trying to keep the passages/hatches/resturants more clear and open by posting these dimensions. It is not the scanner's limitation fwiw. They are the same as the airports which can handle larger sizes.

Our carry on measures 24"L X 15"W X 10"H.

We have also passed thru airport scanners with our larger carry on, allowed on some aircraft (A320, etc) 26"L X 17"W X 12"H which I know would fit thru DCL scanners too.

Just trying to disclose it may not be necessary to purchase smaller carry ons.

DCL requests carry on's be 22"L X 14"W X 9"H

I tried to find this size on DCL's site to link and failed. Gotta love their site. :rolleyes:

HTH and flame away. :)

Edited by bear3412

Speaking of anything that will fit thru the scanner .....

I keep seeing this carry on bag size posted. Well of course, as these dimensions are on DCL's site. But we have sailed with our "large" carry on, just like at the airport(with the appropriate aircraft) and had no problems with that carry on fitting thru the scanner at DCL security in PC.

I wonder if DCL is trying to keep the passages/hatches/resturants more clear and open by posting these dimensions. It is not the scanner's limitation fwiw. They are the same as the airports which can handle larger sizes.

Our carry on measures 24"L X 15"W X 10"H.

We have also passed thru airport scanners with our larger carry on, allowed on some aircraft (A320, etc) 26"L X 17"W X 12"H which I know would fit thru DCL scanners too.

Just trying to disclose it may not be necessary to purchase smaller carry ons.

DCL requests carry on's be 22"L X 14"W X 9"H

I tried to find this size on DCL's site to link and failed. Gotta love their site. :rolleyes:

HTH and flame away. :)

Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/alcohol-onboard/

Do the various ports have different size scanners? Port Canaveral, Miami, Galveston, Seattle, Vancouver, Barcelona, Venice, New York, Los Angeles? If even one has a smaller scanner, DCL is justified in putting the smaller dimensions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does the DCL enforce the same rules about having liquids of the correct size in a plastic baggie, as the TSA does, when going through the cruise terminal scanners before boarding the ship?

Does the DCL enforce the same rules about having liquids of the correct size in a plastic baggie, as the TSA does, when going through the cruise terminal scanners before boarding the ship?

No. That's why you can carry on your beverages, as DCL requests.

No plastic baggies, no limit on liquid or gel sizes. DCL asks only that all beverages are in your carry on bags, not your checked luggage.

And as the person who opened a suitcase to find all my clothing wet and smelling like wine, I wish more people followed the rules!

I'm always the one with a beef about carry ons. We travel a lot (once a month) and would LOVE to be able to put my small, non wheeled carry on in the over head bin but due to people schlepping things the size of smart cars down the aisle we don't. If you carry on, please follow the rules. Folks just think they can travel "carry on" style for convenience and it's getting ridiculous.