MSC Kids clubs and "teen" cards

vandercapellen

I have questions about the kids clubs and teen cards.

I will be sailing with 2 boys on MSC Divina in November on a Charter. We have sailed on Carnival and really liked their kids clubs.

1. Are the "teen" cards just for teens, or can I get them for my boys also. (For soda's arcade etc)

2. Must we sign our boys in and out of kids club, or can they come and go at whim like on Carnival?

3. Does MSC make kids club capers so the boys can plan their day?

4. Do you have any interesting tidbits/tips you can share so we can prepare our boys to the differences between the 2?

Thank you,

AmyFirst time MSC cruiser

Sorry about that...I should have included that. They will be 10 and 11 at the time we sail. Thank you.

The website is a little confusing but I believe any kids under 18 can get a "teen card" as long as their parents fill out the form". We sail in March so I can't answer your question for certain. This is what the website says...

Is there a pre-paid card for young guests?

The “Teen Card’ is a prepaid card exclusively for our younger guests. Children and teenagers under 18 can use the card for whatever they want to buy, and also as the key to their cabin. Available in 2 amounts, these easy-to-use cards are a convenient way to give teenagers a taste of independence. To purchase a Teen Card, just complete the form you receive during check-in, and hand it to a receptionist in the foyer. Additional forms are also available at the Information Desk). The card will be delivered directly to your cabin.

Please note that the Teen Card is non-refundable, therefore any credit remaining on the card at the end of the cruise will not be reimbursed.

• 2 months later...

I am a bit confused on the teen card as it only shows 2 amounts available for purchase and says it is non-refundable. On any cruise I have done in the past my daughter's onboard account was always just linked to a credit card I provided and the same for my son, even when he was in a cabin with someone else. Being that I normally either prepurchase onboard credit for them or have placed cash on their account when boarding, I can't tell if they need a teen card or not? If I want it linked to my credit card do I need the teen card.

I also can't seem to find anything about different people in the cabins having different onboard accounts for charges, etc. Any idea on how that might work?

I am a bit confused on the teen card as it only shows 2 amounts available for purchase and says it is non-refundable. On any cruise I have done in the past my daughter's onboard account was always just linked to a credit card I provided and the same for my son, even when he was in a cabin with someone else. Being that I normally either prepurchase onboard credit for them or have placed cash on their account when boarding, I can't tell if they need a teen card or not? If I want it linked to my credit card do I need the teen card.

I also can't seem to find anything about different people in the cabins having different onboard accounts for charges, etc. Any idea on how that might work?

We just returned this week. We did not purchase a teen card for our 14 yr old. We just linked our credit card to his sea card and he used it for whatever he wanted to charge. I think the teen cards are for people who would rather not have a credit card linked to their teen's account and want them to spend only what is on their teen card. We did purchase a "Doremi" package for him. It is a coupon book that can be used to purchase juice, soda, gelato, milkshakes, smoothies, etc. Although we were in YC where these things were free, he didn't spend much time in YC with us and the coupons came in handy.

That is nice to know that they can just be linked to our card. I tend to just watch what she purchases and give her an amount ahead of time she can spend. I was also thinking of that same package for her, though I might get her two of them as she does like the smoothies and virgin cocktails.

That is nice to know that they can just be linked to our card. I tend to just watch what she purchases and give her an amount ahead of time she can spend. I was also thinking of that same package for her, though I might get her two of them as she does like the smoothies and virgin cocktails.

My son raved about the Nutella milkshake.

SAM_1033_zps3e6bbc21.jpg