MSC Divina - Best balcony option

Mel1707

Hello

My husband and I are looking at doing two B2B cruises on the MSC Divina in April/May. We are going with the balcony stateroom (I had an inside cabin on my last cruise and got severely claustrophobic).

I'm just wondering which deck and cabins are the best ones? From looking at the deck plan, it looks like some balcony rooms are right on the edge of the ship, and then towards the middle the ship juts inward and the balconies are over the lifeboats - I obviously would prefer the former being one of the balconies directly over the ocean.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which deck/cabin would be preferable? I'm hoping to give the TA some preferences.

Thanks!

Mel

Hello

My husband and I are looking at doing two B2B cruises on the MSC Divina in April/May. We are going with the balcony stateroom (I had an inside cabin on my last cruise and got severely claustrophobic).

I'm just wondering which deck and cabins are the best ones? From looking at the deck plan, it looks like some balcony rooms are right on the edge of the ship, and then towards the middle the ship juts inward and the balconies are over the lifeboats - I obviously would prefer the former being one of the balconies directly over the ocean.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which deck/cabin would be preferable? I'm hoping to give the TA some preferences.

Thanks! Mel

Some of the best balcomies are on deck 10 and 11 on the stern as they are much larger but they can suffer from water coming down on them from the infinity pool and window cleaning opoerations on deck 14 windows

Check out this review

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951878

Failing that deck 10 and 11 cabins on one of the three humps (but not the smaller cabins on the centre hump)would be better than cabins in the recessed lenghts of the ship and should give you what you are looking for

Pete

Edited by Skier52

So decks 8, 9 or 10 toward the front of the ship?

Avoid deck 8 as it is above public areas and who knows what the noise levels are.

9033 to 9084 and 10025 to 10076 would be OK . Don't go further forward on deck 10 than the "10025" as the balconies may well have metal sides and not the nice plexiglass sides.

don't go further forward than 9033 on deck 9 as there are the unknown "white" spaces on the deck plan which could be anythng and may be the source of unwanted noise.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete! Very helpful indeed and most appreciated!

Although with the rock bottom cost of the balcony cabins on the dates we're looking at, they'll probably only be for the worst balcony cabins! But that doesn't stop me from putting in my preferences!!

Hello

Thanks!

Mel

Take a look at this thread: How I was trying to cruise on MSC. A REAL story step by step in pictures & video.

There are photos of the balconies with cabin numbers, deck plans, some advice on what cabins to avoid and why.

I have been watching and waiting for it but sadly so far nothing has come of it ... :(

When I challenged him/her directly, 3 times, to say if actually been on an MSC cruise or any cruise for that matter, there was never a satifactory answer.

Don't you just wish he/she would crawl into a corner and die,? Thereby we would never have to put up with their drivel anymore and the sight of that annoying Signature line wouldn't offend our eyes ever again

CRUISETRAIL , Why don't you either

A) Go on a cruise, or

B) GO AWAY?

Edited by Skier52

I have been watching and waiting for it but sadly so far nothing has come of it ... :(

Hi Sidari,

Your Opera review on Cruisingmates has now had over 500 views (That's nearly 3 a day every day since you posted it.) nOt bad for s boutibue forum

Great news for both the forum and your self

How many views has it had on this forum?, I can't find any data on it.

Pete

Feel free to choose what answer suits you better.

1. I have posted it many times that I haven't cruised on MSC yet. But I have a future MSC cruise in my plans. That's why I do my research that is WAY more informative than many of those "actually cruised" reviews LOL.

2. Where, when and with whom Cruise Critic members cruise, and where, when and what they should post about cruise ships is not anyone's business.

3. An appropriate answer that your post should have received. :)

Feel free to choose what answer suits you better.

1. I have posted it many times that I haven't cruised on MSC yet. But I have a future MSC cruise in my plans. That's why I do my research that is WAY more informative than many of those "actually cruised" reviews LOL.

2. Where, when and with whom Cruise Critic members cruise, and where, when and what they should post about cruise ships is not anyone's business.

3. An appropriate answer that your post should have received. :)

Have you actually cruised on any ship at all? Choose from the following answers:-

1) YES

2) NO

I have asked that before but you'll will never answer it

Actuail remarks made to me on this forum; re my reviews/ information

Wonderful review and pictures, Pete! Thank you so much! Getting ready to book Deck 12 right now.

Pete's the man.

Better information about MSC than MSC has!

Pete's just awesome. MSC should give him royalties !
Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete .. Did not know about the figures you posted earlier regarding the Opera review, Not checked on the Divina review there recently, i know that cruise.co.uk show the number of views on reviews there along with replies ... :)

Both are important to me - but really, I'm happy to go anywhere I've never been before!

But, back to cabins! I can have 10216 or 10218 (weird shaped balconies but large) or 9164 or 9163. Price difference is negligible so not a concern. Anyone have any views or advice on which is better.

Can't have same cabin for second cruise which is annoying!

Both are important to me - but really, I'm happy to go anywhere I've never been before!

But, back to cabins! I can have 10216 or 10218 (weird shaped balconies but large) or 9164 or 9163. Price difference is negligible so not a concern. Anyone have any views or advice on which is better.

Can't have same cabin for second cruise which is annoying!

Here is a picture of 10216/8.

THe top level balconies are deck 13 so count down to deck 10 and think if you would like the limited field of view, and a downward view of the top of a lifeboat, for the sake of a bigger balcony

9163/4 are going to have quite small balconies and standard balconies are not big to start with

cornercabin.jpg

Pete

a few things...

1) Just booked the Divina for May, with their employee prices promotion, too good of a deal to pass up.

2) Booked cabin 11182, does anyone have any pics to share of a B1 category cabin. Can not upgrade to B2 or B3 as they are triples and quads. Will get bumped if cabin is needed for 3 or 4 ppl.

3) I have sailed the MSC Poesia last April. Loved the ship and MSC has a strong supporter now of their product.

4) Is there an observation area in the front of the ship, like the Poesia? -Decks 10, 11, 12 usually.

5) I see the troll cruisetrail is back, while reading through the posts on the Divina, I came across its (not sure if male or female) posts, very similar to the posts they were making on the Poesia thread last March.

Thanks for any insight, I'm not of a balcony fan as I prefer to be up on the upper decks.

I bit the bullet and booked 10216 (B2 cat) - I like the thought of the extra space. The rooms with the smaller balcony were 50 sq feet smaller according to MSC. I'm just excited to have a balcony at such an insane price!! (I also got employee pricing deal).

Still considering whether to book the back to back cruise also. It has a completely different route and stops. Does anyone know if all the entertainment etc would be the same? Whilst I know its the same ship, surely they must expect people to do the back to back and thus offer some variety? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mel

That's why I do my research that is WAY more informative than many of those "actually cruised" reviews LOL.

Cruisetrail.

That, right there, in a nutshell, is why I (and I'm sure many others) find you so frustrating!

A google search for gross tonnage, passenger space ratios and pictures of food etc can never be more informative than experiencing it. Yet you continue to portray your opinion as fact. I truly wonder about your state of mind.

Meanwhile, to protect my state of mind, since I've been dragged back into feeding the troll, I'm off to a desktop PC to use the ignore function.

a few things...

1) Just booked the Divina for May, with their employee prices promotion, too good of a deal to pass up.

2) Booked cabin 11182, does anyone have any pics to share of a B1 category cabin. Can not upgrade to B2 or B3 as they are triples and quads. Will get bumped if cabin is needed for 3 or 4 ppl.

3) I have sailed the MSC Poesia last April. Loved the ship and MSC has a strong supporter now of their product.

4) Is there an observation area in the front of the ship, like the Poesia? -Decks 10, 11, 12 usually.

5) I see the troll cruisetrail is back, while reading through the posts on the Divina, I came across its (not sure if male or female) posts, very similar to the posts they were making on the Poesia thread last March.

Thanks for any insight, I'm

The only forward observation on Fantasia class ships is deck 18 Yacht Club "one deck" , The YC Top Sail lounge, The spa (I think) or some of the Yacht club cabins.

Unfortunately the yacht Club have it all sewn up.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Is there an observation area in the front of the ship, like the Poesia? -Decks 10, 11, 12 usually.

No.

Nothing like open observation areas on decks 11 or 14 I saw on the Poesia. Deck 12 is the bridge.

What I saw on the Fantasia class - the only open space forward are the top deck (Yacht Club) and a small area in front of spa but in both cases the views are blocked by a full height fence.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39151074&postcount=24

• 3 years later...