MSC Spendida

wayneandwaynetta

Have just returned from the Christmas cruise on MSC Spendida. As it was my first experience with this company I had read many previous reviews which were pretty mixed, so would like to briefly add mine. I found the ship beautiful, although a little confusing at times to find my way around for instance a couple of lifts only serviced certain decks so sometimes you had to go up to go down, and this took a bit of getting used to and finding ourselves at dead ends! The staff were all without exception very friendly, had a good standard of English and all we came into contact with strove very hard to leave us with a good impression, which they did. The food was all very good, especially in the dining room. The buffet was a very busy area, but no more than other ships we have been on. On the negative side, we found the entertainment lacking. The first theatre show we went to was brilliant, but after this lacked variety and headliner acts. The day time entertainment offered nothing to excite us, mainly geared towards children. The bingo was in the evening and clashed with our meals times, although we did get there on one occasion when we couldnt hear the numbers called due to a screaming baby. The final annoying part was unsupervised children left to run riot - mainly playing in the lifts finding it gfreat fun to press every single button in every single lift, making it take an age to get anywhere. However, I blame the parents not MSC. Overall though, with a reasonably priced drinks package, MSC offer excellent value for money and we would cruise with them again, although probably not at a peak childrens holiday time.

i AM GOING ON HER 27/6/14

HERES HOPING IF i FIND INTERESTING FACTS THAT i CAN SHARE THEM WITH YOU HATJOHN.

PLEASE CAN YOU INFORM ME WHAT THE DRINK PACKAGE COSTS AS MCS WEBSITE FOR SPLENDIDA IS RATHER OBSCURD AND ABSENT OF THAT SPECIFIC DETAIL...

CAN ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT ON THE CHARGES ON YOUR CRUISE CARD AS WELL...???

It's all on the website Lady Tiara. Hotel charge is €7 per day per person on a 7 day European cruise. basic Allegrissimo is usually £20 per day per person if booked in advance, added to your invoice and paid in advance. You can also prebook and add to your onboard account via the onboard services tab and that costs €23 per person per day. You can also buy when you get onboard but that will cost you an extra 15% as it will in ire the service charge on all drinks bought onboard.