Hotel for San Pedro??

alyssa0922

The 2 hotels with free shuttles that I know about are the Doubletree Cabrillo Beach & the San Pedro Crown Plaza. Both are good options but are different & I preferred the Doubletree. It's slightly south of downtown SP where the CP is located & adjacent to a quiet small boat marina. It's only 2-3 stories high unlike the CP (guessing 10 stories) in the small downtown area. The CP is closer to restaurants & stores but heard that DT will shuttle you to nearby places.

We had a Doubletree package which included free hotel parking for our 14 day cruise & used the free shuttle to & from the pier.

Either would be good but not sure which type of place you'd prefer. Friends have used Priceline to get rates of about $70 per night but I have no experience using them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I can't seem to find princess recommended hotels or the ones with a shuttle to the port in or around San Pedro. Thank you for the help!
The Princess recommended/pre-cruise hotel is usually the LAX Marriott at the airport, a long way from the pier. Princess offers transfers from LAX to the ship, not to anything else in the San Pedro area unless you've booked the pre-cruise hotel.

Many take SuperShuttle or Prime Time Shuttle to San Pedro and the Crowne Plaza from LAX. You're very close to the port and will be able to see the ship sail in early in the morning if you have a room overlooking the channel. Even if they didn't have a shuttle, it would be a quick cab ride.

Edited by Pam in CA

We stayed at the Sunrise Hotel right at the waterfront and walking distance to the port. Shuttle was available and very available.

We loved the hotel for the price it was great

3D. photo here, but it might look fuzzy without the red/blue blasses.

hope this helps

http://3dcruiser.blogspot.ca/search/label/Golden%20Princess%202012?updated-max=2012-02-26T09:13:00-05:00&max-results=20&start=46&by-date=false

The 2 hotels with free shuttles that I know about are the Doubletree Cabrillo Beach & the San Pedro Crown Plaza. Both are good options but are different & I preferred the Doubletree. It's slightly south of downtown SP where the CP is located & adjacent to a quiet small boat marina. It's only 2-3 stories high unlike the CP (guessing 10 stories) in the small downtown area. The CP is closer to restaurants & stores but heard that DT will shuttle you to nearby places.

When I stayed at the San Pedro Crown Plaza last summer they had a free hotel shuttle to the ship. The shuttle bus just looped between the hotel and terminal all morning

A few blocks from the hotel is a nice old fashion European crapes cafe. Good stuff for breakfast.

We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice, price $59-$79,using Hotwire and Priceline.

It's fine for a pre-cruise night and the shuttle to the port is free. There are restaurants very close and last-minute shopping if you walk into the uptown area(in the day). We take a nice long walk along the marina area in the morning.

I'd like to try the Doubletree, but so far Crowne Plaza is where we have ended up using the above sites.

The two San Pedro hotels that seem to be recommended the most by CC members are the Crowne Plaza and Doubletree. You're not too far away from the port, and I believe they both offer shuttles to the port the morning of your cruise.

If you do stay in a Long Beach hotel (you might want to search for BruinSteve's recs), make sure you tell your driver which port you need to go to; else a taxi or shuttle driver might assume you're going to the Carnival berth at the Port of Long Beach.