Visiting Venice - Pre-cruise or post-cruise?

mickeysgal

I feel it depends on your cruise ship schedule & your flights arrival/departure times. Our ship spent first night in Venice, so post cruise stay was easy decision. That said, I'd go post cruise anyway. Relax a day or two. Less pressure on making retun flight times. We stayed in hotel with water taxi to airport stop right in front of hotel and bellhop helped put our bags on board.

I feel it depends on your cruise ship schedule & your flights arrival/departure times. Our ship spent first night in Venice, so post cruise stay was easy decision. That said, I'd go post cruise anyway. Relax a day or two. Less pressure on making retun flight times. We stayed in hotel with water taxi to airport stop right in front of hotel and bellhop helped put our bags on board.

been researching hotels and want to stay at one that has a water taxi door... which hotel did you stat at?

been researching hotels and want to stay at one that has a water taxi door... which hotel did you stat at?

Often recommended here is Locando Orseolo which does have a water taxi door. Many hotels do. We stayed out of the fray at Residenza Cannaregio Venezia which was budget-friendly and we arrived by water taxi. Not hard to find at all!

I guess you'll need to do both ;)

Why don't you fly into Florence 2 days early and relax there & get over your jet lag and then take the train to Venice for your cruise. Then you can enjoy a post-cruise stay in Venice.

I guess you'll need to do both ;)

Why don't you fly into Florence 2 days early and relax there & get over your jet lag and then take the train to Venice for your cruise. Then you can enjoy a post-cruise stay in Venice.

Trying to do just that...although we both don't have a whole lot of vacation time to use. I very much wish we had more.