Which deck and verandah rooms do you recommend on the Summit?

OnTheJourney

Hi,

I am considering taking the Canada / New England cruise on the Summit next September. It appears that most of the mid-ship rooms are already sold out. I do have some motion sickness issues and so was hoping for one of those middle rooms if I decide to do this. Also, I've read that the Vista deck is a good choice. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the 2A rooms. How is the motion on the Summit farther towards aft or forward? There are still rooms available in those areas.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Keith

Edited by three4rd

We were pretty close to midship on both of our Summit cruises, but this time we were able to snag a "Sweet 16" balcony. These balcony rooms are the 1st 8 cabins on Deck 6 on each side, and have larger balconies. I'll try to remember to come back and report on the motion, but you might want to grab one if they're available. As for seasickness, I suffer from different types of motion sickness, too. On cruises, I take a ginger capsule twice a day and haven't had a bit of a problem.

If you are prone to sea sickness, midship on the lowest level would help that. I would look at deck 7, rather than deck 6. Only because there are public rooms on deck 5. I like a deck where there are cabins above and below. I did an aft penthouse on deck 10 on my November cruise with another cruise line and to be honest, I didn't feel any more motion that I have in a midship cabins on deck 8 on the Summit.

Edited by NLH Arizona