emergency contact number

runningradical

We are leaving next week on the Miracle for the Mexican Rivera and I wanted to leave my mother an emergency contact number and when I went to the Carnival website it said it no longer offer shore to ship communication as of 11-27-13. We use trac phones for our cell phone I am not sure how those work at sea. In an extreme emergency is it able to contact the ship.

We are leaving next week on the Miracle for the Mexican Rivera and I wanted to leave my mother an emergency contact number and when I went to the Carnival website it said it no longer offer shore to ship communication as of 11-27-13. We use trac phones for our cell phone I am not sure how those work at sea. In an extreme emergency is it able to contact the ship.

You can Carnival and see if they provide an alternate solution.

Also, you can set up a free account on Funville, create a thread, and email the link to your family. You all can communicate that way. But me mindful it's a public forum and others can read your posts.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

My Mom doesn't have a computer so setting up an account won't work for us.

I may call Carnival and see what they say as an alternate solution. I was just thinking of leaving a carnival number I am hoping if it is an extreme emergency Carnival would contact you. I also may check in on one of our port days just to ease my mind.

My Mom doesn't have a computer so setting up an account won't work for us.

I may call Carnival and see what they say as an alternate solution. I was just thinking of leaving a carnival number I am hoping if it is an extreme emergency Carnival would contact you. I also may check in on one of our port days just to ease my mind.

You can call home from the phone in your cabin now for $1.99/minute. Great deal for peace of mind. Its cheaper than using your cellphone on the ship or in a port. Very easy and convenient and its charged to your S&S account.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can call home from the phone in your cabin now for $1.99/minute. Great deal for peace of mind. Its cheaper than using your cellphone on the ship or in a port. Very easy and convenient and its charged to your S&S account.

I forgot about that. But she would have to call home to see if there's an emergency vs being called if something critical happens at home.

And I'm assuming her carrier doesn't allow free calls over wifi in port.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

Thank you nodogkisses for the info about calling home from your cabin I did not know about that. I still am wondering if in a dire emergency there is a way to contact the ship.

Hope there is a way to be reached in a dire emergency. We usually leave the emergency shore-to-ship info with my daughter & his son just for peace of mind.

Don't really want to call to say "Is there an emergency yet".

Thank you great ideal! I am sure to many calls "where are my shoes" this will work for me.:)

Hope there is a way to be reached in a dire emergency. We usually leave the emergency shore-to-ship info with my daughter & his son just for peace of mind.

Don't really want to call to say "Is there an emergency yet".

Sparky2 I am with you I worry about my elderly mom and that is why I wonder if in a dire emergency there is a way to contact the ship

I am glad I clicked on this post. My mother in law has Alzheimer's and lives with us, her other son is going to have her for the week we are gone on our cruise. We just would like to know that they can contact us if something should happen. Not that we would be able to do anything about it so far away but it would be better that we know.

I was not aware of the former method that was in place for reaching a passenger on a Carnival ship. As we will be sailing beginning next weekend, I had the same concern about having family, not traveling with us, who may need to reach us and wondering how they would be able to make contact.

Yesterday, I called the main number listed on the Carnival website and posed the question to them. The representative informed me that anyone needing to reach us would need the following... 1) Our booking number, 2) Ship name, and 3) our names. We were to ask family members to call: 800 227-6482 and to explain the need. Then, apparently, a message would be left on our stateroom phone providing the information that was delivered.

Hope that none of us will ever need to have our family or loved ones need to use this service, but at least it is good to know.

Hope this helps!

Happy cruising everyone!

Actually I did this also we have Verizon and for $4.99 a month this is what you get. Location Voice Rate Global Data

Plan Pay as you Go data rate Text Rate Data Network Voice Network DROID RAZR HD 4G LTE - Black Tech

Carnival Triumph Standard: $2.49 $25/100MB $0.020/KB

($20.48/MB) $0.50 send

$0.05 receive CDMA CDMA GSM Quad Band So to receive a text message in case of an emergency it is .50 not bad at all. :)

I am glad I clicked on this post. Not that we would be able to do anything about it so far away but it would be better that we know.

Ditto. My FIL is 94 in an assisted living facility. We have always left the 1-800 number with the Director, as well as with my BIL. We usually use the $1.99/minute to initiate a call to see how things are going, but that's not the same as having someone contact us in case of an emergency.

I was not aware of the former method that was in place for reaching a passenger on a Carnival ship. As we will be sailing beginning next weekend' date=' I had the same concern about having family, not traveling with us, who may need to reach us and wondering how they would be able to make contact.

Yesterday, I called the main number listed on the Carnival website and posed the question to them. The representative informed me that anyone needing to reach us would need the following... 1) Our booking number, 2) Ship name, and 3) our names. We were to ask family members to call: 800 227-6482 and to explain the need. Then, apparently, a message would be left on our stateroom phone providing the information that was delivered.

Hope that none of us will ever need to have our family or loved ones need to use this service, but at least it is good to know.

Hope this helps!

Happy cruising everyone![/quote']

This is the former Shore to Ship method:

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service.

The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name.

The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

More info here: http://www.dialaship.com/

Since it looks like it's 'free' now, that's probably why it's not on the site anymore but people still need to know.

Thanks for the info, btw.

Edited by PresDuLac

I was not aware of the former method that was in place for reaching a passenger on a Carnival ship. As we will be sailing beginning next weekend' date=' I had the same concern about having family, not traveling with us, who may need to reach us and wondering how they would be able to make contact.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Like you said hopefully no one will need to call but it is good for our family to have in the case of an emergency

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much, Crusin'Cousins.

Hate to burst the bubble, but I just called the 800 227-6482 and asked how to get in touch with somebody who is on a cruise for an emergency message. I was told the option for ship to shore is no longer available and you need to call that persons' cel phone. So you need to check with your cel provider and figure out the best plan while onboard.

I know last time we did RCCL we had a new grand daughter about to be born and kept the cel phone on the entire trip. We have ATT and it wasn't all that expensive if you turn off a couple of data roaming options. We got plenty of text message including photos via the ships cel system and we turned the phone off when we got into foreign ports due to all the horror stories about foreign cel providers.

• 2 months later...

While they may not be able to reach you to talk to you immediately, family can call 800-227-6482 and a message will be sent to you asking you to call home. I just verified this with carnival