Carnival Customer Service

AmandaEnzo

I have asked them multiple questions that I have gotten different answers from them then on here.

For example, one question was if can I purchase the Cheers program on the second day? They said, "No, it has to be purchased on the first day."

I called twice and asked when Camp Carnival was open on the first day of the cruise because I wanted reservations at the Steak House. Both people I spoke to insisted it would be open so I could have/make my reservations at about 7:30-8pm. The first person I spoke to even checked with their manager to make sure.

Makes me nervous because Carnival can change policies at any time so I wonder sometimes if I'm getting information on here that is outdated or does the Carnival Customer Service just not know what they are talking about?

I guess I'm just wondering what others experiences are with Customer Service.

Edited by AmandaEnzo

If my memory is correct as too the cheers program you can purchase on the second day but are still charged for the entire cruise. At least that's what I remembered when I purchased on the dream last January. They may have changed it though

Calling Carnival is a crap shoot--seems like they roll the dice before answering and have a simple mathematical formula to give you an answer. Call 5 times and you'll get 4 or 5 answers.

I was told I had to lose my OBC (bought cruise on board) when applying for rate reduction on ES. Thanks to CC I called back and got the difference and didn't lose the OBC, no problem.

Go figure...

I was in a store the other day and asked the clerk what time they open on Saturday. She wasn't sure and finally said "8:30, I'm pretty sure." When I walked out the door the sign posted said 9:00. Maybe she used to work for Carnival.

Calling Carnival is a crap shoot--seems like they roll the dice before answering and have a simple mathematical formula to give you an answer. Call 5 times and you'll get 4 or 5 answers.

I was told I had to lose my OBC (bought cruise on board) when applying for rate reduction on ES. Thanks to CC I called back and got the difference and didn't lose the OBC, no problem.

Go figure...

I was in a store the other day and asked the clerk what time they open on Saturday. She wasn't sure and finally said "8:30, I'm pretty sure." When I walked out the door the sign posted said 9:00. Maybe she used to work for Carnival.

This is why we use a very experienced pvp.

I can't remember if the Cheers! program was available on the second day of my most recent Carnival cruise, but I want to say it was. As for the Camp Carnival question, definitely pre-register your kids online while doing your online check in, that way you don't have to go to the parent-children-Camp Carnival intro on the first day, but you still can to meet the Camp Carnival staff. But yes Camp Carnival is open the first day. Steakhouse is great the first day = free bottle of wine!! But make reservations when you get onboard to ensure you get the time you want!

From what I remember the camp hours the first night were a party to be attended with parents. We didn't use it the first night because we wanted to get settled and see how DD acclimated to being on the ship, so I can't say for sure what the activity was. You can either make your steakhouse reservation and then cancel once you're on board and see what the schedule is, or just not schedule for the first night. Is it vital you go the first night? The free wine isn't all that if that's your reasoning.

For what it's worth, I've read on this board numerous times that Cheers CAN be purchased on either embarkation day or day 2. Either/Or.

And on my last cruise, Camp Carnival was not open on the first night. Just the orientation the first day. They had night owls (services after 10) only. Nothing organized until day 2.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

The Fun Times for the Breeze and Conquest show Youth Program Orientation on embarkation day for 5pm on the Conquest and 7:15 for the Breeze. Both of these were in a lounge and don't show any hours for the actual Camp Carnival room.

There is an embarkation party for Circle C and Club O2 kids at 10pm in their respective locations but nothing other than orientation for the younger Camp Carnival kids.

Cheers can be purchased on embarkation day and the next day except for ships leaving from Galveston then it can't be purchased until day 2.

Go figure...

Good one, crusinpsychRN.

No different than posting on CC and getting 4 or 5 different answers.

Seems like there are a lot of different answers. Oh, well, I guess I'll just find out when I get there. Not the end of the world, it's just odd...

Things could be different regarding camp carnival depending on the ship. Answers seem pretty consistent regarding Cheers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I see the same thing on the DIS boards, where people call CS and get different responses. :) Many of those answering the phones have never even been on the boats and they are reading from scripts or prompts on a screen. If they type in the info wrong they could be prompted with wrong results ( such as I can't find it so I will tell you no.

I was just on in November and here is what I saw

1. Yes you can purchase cheers the 2nd night (last time to buy) it will charge for all your cruise days still so the same price as if you bought it on the first night but if you did get drinks the first day it will credit those up to the amounts allowed.

2. Camp Carnival is not open on the first night, it is family night so kids must have their guardian with them. They have activities and orientation for you to attend. Sucks because of course first night is free bottle of wine in the steak house night and I personally would not take my DD (4) in there :)

Hope you have a great cruise!

1. Yes you can purchase cheers the 2nd night (last time to buy) it will charge for all your cruise days still so the same price as if you bought it on the first night but if you did get drinks the first day it will credit those up to the amounts allowed.

Not true. We bought Cheers on the second day of our Elation cruise and were each charged $49.95 per day for the remaining 4 days.

Not true. We bought Cheers on the second day of our Elation cruise and were each charged $49.95 per day for the remaining 4 days.

This is the way I've seen it relayed mostly on this board too. Would be nice for some clarification, because I'm planning to use it this Summer.

Much like your phone call, you are also getting different answers here.

I find generally cc is more likely to have the correct answer than calling Carnival.

Makes sense though if you think about it. There are people here who have cruised for 30 years. Some of the people answering phones at Carnival have been on only 1 cruise and possibly didn't have kids or have any need for a drink package. Some of them are simply reading right off the website which isn't always clear.

I'll add my 2 cents so you can be more confused. This is based on my personal observations from my last cruise:

-You can buy Cheers on the second day

-Camp is not open the first night except for registration and sometimes a dance party. Both of which require parent participation. They are open for Night Owls from 10pm on.

Make your Steakhouse reservation for a different night.

Your best bet is to ask both these questions once you get onboard ;) If camp happens to be open, there is time to make your steakhouse reservation then. It is never full the first night which is why they give free wine.

No different than posting on CC and getting 4 or 5 different answers.

I respectfully disagree. One would like to think calling Carnival directly would ensure one the correct information.

Ditto on that, roohound.