Late flight on disembarkation day

Jvsbaby

We are flying out of Orlando after our cruise on the Fantasy. Our flight is not until 5:30 that evening and we are using disney ground transportation from the port to the airport. We are traveling with our 4 year old son. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with our long wait time?

We are flying out of Orlando after our cruise on the Fantasy. Our flight is not until 5:30 that evening and we are using disney ground transportation from the port to the airport. We are traveling with our 4 year old son. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with our long wait time?

Well, there's getting a day room at the Hyatt. That way you'd have a place to rest, eat, use the pool, and generally ease back into the real world. Unless you want to rent a car at the airport to do something.

The above gave your two best options. Using a rental car instead of DCL transportation to the airport will save you a few dollars and give you flexibility to go to Downtown Disney or any of several other places for the day, have lunch outside of an airport, and still be back the necessary 2-3 hours before you flight. You can do DCL transfers one way, so changing your way home doesn't have to change your way TO the terminal for embarkation.

The other option is the day room at the Hyatt MCO. The cost is about $100 including tax and allows you to nap, shower, sleep, or whatever till flight time.

The half day room at the Hyatt is what we do. It will be too early to check your bags for your flight, but a bellman at the Hyatt will take your bags down from the hotel when you do go in to check in for your flight.

I've never liked the idea of getting a car and going anywhere....it makes me too nervous that I might miss my flight, and we're always tired after the cruise, anway.

http://orlandoairport.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Someplace else you could go to is the KSC. Its only a few minute ride from the port. You wouldnt be able to see everything there (The bus tour alone can take 3-4 hours, and thats getting off and doing a quick look around at each site.Not spending any real amount of time checking things out) but its something to do and plan for on the next trip.