Pillow case signing

AmbeeBee

Hi! I have another quick question, lol. I did a pillowcase on the last cruise, and I noticed that it did not have Peter Pan's signature on it. I was wondering if it was possible to request his signature on the pillow case, or if it was just easier to take my pillow case around for the characters? I'm doing another one in April, as the markers I used on the last one were super light coloured and have began to fade :/

When you drop off an item for signatures, you can indicate who you want--all available, princesses, "big 5 or 6", etc. There is no guarantee who will be available. You may say "princesses" but not get Tiana, or someone else you wanted.

Yes, you can drop an item and request Peter Pan, but he may not be available to sign it. It is far easier to do a drop off than to carry the item around to signings.

On the one I did in september, I did get the Princesses as well as Mickey and Pals on the pillow case. I wonder if Peter Pan will be at the See Ya Real Soon party. The farewell ceremony on the Magic was rather different than the one on the Dream, and Peter Pan appeared with Anne Marie. Perhaps this will be true with the Wonder as well? Oh well, the pillowcase will be cute nonetheless. :)

Peter Pan wasn't on our last Dream cruise. Hook and Smee were but didn't sign (and we asked for everyone)...

Hi! I have another quick question, lol. I did a pillowcase on the last cruise, and I noticed that it did not have Peter Pan's signature on it. I was wondering if it was possible to request his signature on the pillow case, or if it was just easier to take my pillow case around for the characters? I'm doing another one in April, as the markers I used on the last one were super light coloured and have began to fade :/

When you drop off an item for signatures' date=' you can indicate who you want--all available, princesses, "big 5 or 6", etc. There is no guarantee who will be available. You may say "princesses" but not get Tiana, or someone else you wanted.[/quote']

I totally get that this is a super-fun thing and shouldn't be taken seriously--but does it not make sense to anyone else that if you request a character, it's reasonable that the signature should be "available" by the end of the cruise? (Or is it not cool to mention that these are fictitious characters?)

I totally get that this is a super-fun thing and shouldn't be taken seriously--but does it not make sense to anyone else that if you request a character, it's reasonable that the signature should be "available" by the end of the cruise? (Or is it not cool to mention that these are fictitious characters?)

The "characters" are trained to do the signatures in the approved way. They are only permitted to sign those names for which they have been approved. That is why the Mickey signature that we have from 1994 looks a whole lot like one that will be signed today.

The fact that someone portrays a character on stage does not mean that he/she is authorized to sign autographs! It is totally possible that there is no one on the ship who is able to sign a particular name.

The "characters" are trained to do the signatures in the approved way. They are only permitted to sign those names for which they have been approved. That is why the Mickey signature that we have from 1994 looks a whole lot like one that will be signed today.

That is cool! I had no idea they were so consistent. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is disney.

Another thing that we have done is bring a white photo frame mat and a black sharpie. We collect all the signatures on that. When we get home we put it in a frame with our Favourite trip picture. They look great hanging on the wall. It doesn't fade or get lost tucked away!

You can drop off two items per cabin at guest services to be signed. You pick them up later in the cruise. People bring pillowcases, t-shirts, caps, not sure what else.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

As above, you can drop off any item you choose for signatures at Guest Services early in the cruise. It will be returned to your cabin toward the end of the cruise. If you want it signed with anything other than black sharpie markers, you'll need to supply the markers. MOST of the time, these are returned as well, but they are occasionally placed in the wrong bag, etc.

The most common items are pillowcases, photo mats, and t-shirts. You are limited to a max of 2 items per cabin (regardless of number of guests in the cabin.) You will complete a form for each item specifying which character signatures you would like.

Don't you think that as this has grown so large in popularity, that they must have someone who can do most all of the signatures? I mean any decent art student should be able to replicate these perfectly. I have had elementary students with amazing skills that could do it. And it has to be large enough in popularity that they have a form now. They didn't on our first cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most cast members can do multiple signatures but its not a value proposition for them to pay someone extra do a free service. It's part of the character performer's compensation already.

Don't you think that as this has grown so large in popularity, that they must have someone who can do most all of the signatures? I mean any decent art student should be able to replicate these perfectly. I have had elementary students with amazing skills that could do it. And it has to be large enough in popularity that they have a form now. They didn't on our first cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The fact that someone portrays a character on stage does not mean that he/she is authorized to sign autographs! It is totally possible that there is no one on the ship who is able to sign a particular name.

Quality and consistency for 90 years.....made Disney what it is the most respected entertainment giant in the world today.....

Most cast members can do multiple signatures but its not a value proposition for them to pay someone extra do a free service. It's part of the character performer's compensation already.

Most of the time the signings are done during a character's "off stage" time. Note--this is not the same as free time or personal time. It is a paid break period when the character can get a drink, use the restroom, etc. between "on stage" appearances. "On stage" is any time a CM can be seen by a guest. There are strict regulations as to how long a character can be "on stage" without a break.

Exactly. It considered part of their daily duties. I know there are some cast members that, while they normally focus on one character, can fill in for others (the simplest example being Chip and Dale)

Most of the time the signings are done during a character's "off stage" time. Note--this is not the same as free time or personal time. It is a paid break period when the character can get a drink' date=' use the restroom, etc. between "on stage" appearances. "On stage" is any time a CM can be seen by a guest. There are strict regulations as to how long a character can be "on stage" without a break.[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am booked on a "bachelorette" cruise on Magic (I know, we are some PARTY people!), and am thinking about dropping off two photo mats to have characters sign so that I can give them to my Matron of Honor and Man of Honor. One question: do the characters ever write any kind of personalized note, or are they restricted to just the signatures? Either way is fine, I would just like to know.

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

I am booked on a "bachelorette" cruise on Magic (I know, we are some PARTY people!), and am thinking about dropping off two photo mats to have characters sign so that I can give them to my Matron of Honor and Man of Honor. One question: do the characters ever write any kind of personalized note, or are they restricted to just the signatures? Either way is fine, I would just like to know.

Thanks for your help!

I've never heard of any sort of personalization other than that added by the guest either before or after the signatures....but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

I've never seen it but you can ask. Many of the characters only have been trained to properly sign 'their' names...

Hi all,

Thanks for your help!

Yup. We did it on a 4 night no problem, had to be there before 9 AM day 3 I think.

We are going on our first cruise the first week of March. It's the Magic and only a 4 night cruise. Is it still possible to drop off the pillowcase and get the characters signatures on the shorter cruise?

TIA

Yup. We did it on a 4 night no problem, had to be there before 9 AM day 3 I think.

Great Thanks!! A couple more questions. I have read that there is a limit of 2 per cabin is that still the case? If you provide multiple markers will they sign in multiple colors? Do you have to provide the clipboard so the colors don't go to the other side or do they do that themselves? Also is it true they will only sign plain white pillowcases?

Is it realistic to think if my daughters take their autograph books for the actual meet and greets that they will be able to get everyones signature during the meets?

Edited by kalliyan1

Great Thanks!! A couple more questions. I have read that there is a limit of 2 per cabin is that still the case? If you provide multiple markers will they sign in multiple colors? Do you have to provide the clipboard so the colors don't go to the other side or do they do that themselves? Also is it true they will only sign plain white pillowcases?

Is it realistic to think if my daughters take their autograph books for the actual meet and greets that they will be able to get everyones signature during the meets?

Correct, the limit is 2 items per cabin. It makes no difference how many people are in the cabin. If you provide the markers, they will sign in the markers you send (colored, special for fabric, etc). If you do not provide markers, they will sign in black sharpie. No, you do not need to supply any sort of blotter (they do hundreds of these--they have something to put in so it doesn't bleed thru). You can have any sort of pillow case, photo mat, or other item you choose signed; it absolutely DOES NOT need to be a plain white case (don't you love board rumors?) Many people take pillow cases with a DCL design or kid embroidered name on them.

Will you kids get everyone's signature at a meet and greet? Sometimes. If you are talking about "Till We Meet Again," no way. Bottom line, they will get what they get. It depends on the lines, how many characters are out, etc. If they work on it, they can get most or all of the characters on board at some point during the cruise. It is a lot easier than in the parks.