Valor 2.0...

cruisingbajan

Valor is scheduled to undergo a 30 plus day dry dock in March of 2015. Nobody knows for sure what modifications will be done to her, but it should include at least the standard 2.0 features such as Guy's burger and Blue Iguana. Some here have speculated that she may get Waterworks, rope course and maybe even a complete overhaul of the interior, but those speculations are unsubstantiated at this point.

If you are sailing her in 2014, you will not get any of the 2.0 stuff.

Edited by PCHENG

Valor is scheduled to undergo a 30 plus day dry dock in March of 2015. Nobody knows for sure what modifications will be done to her, but it should include at least the standard 2.0 features such as Guy's burger and Blue Iguana. Some here have speculated that she may get Waterworks, rope course and maybe even a complete overhaul of the interior, but those speculations are unsubstantiated at this point.

If you are sailing her in 2014, you will not get any of the 2.0 stuff.

Thanks for the info. We do plan to sail her this year so I guess there will be no 2.0 for us:(. We will still enjoy it none the less.:)

I have been searching the answer to this question also as we are planning on doing the Southern Carib in February 2015. If the March 2015 is accurate than my loyalty to Carnival will take a hit as I will probably jump over to Royal Caribbean and the Adventure of the Seas.

Something to keep in mind about the Valor is that the itinerary is so port intensive, you barely have time on the ship and there's only 1 sea day. We didn't even feel we were able to see all that she offered, so I didn't feel we were missing anything by being on a non-2.0 ship.

I liked the Valor quite a bit without the 2.0.

Don't underestimate what's already in place because its not bad.

Valor is one of my favorite ships now and I'd really like to sail it again after it's dry dock.

My wife and I did Valor in June last year.

When we disembarked she said "That's the best cruise I ever had!"

The crew were super friendly and nice.

Even without 2.0 Valor already has her Lido buffet area split into two separate areas

thus eliminating those long lines to the usual single buffet area.

- not any more!

Lido on Valor has Mongolian Wok!

Mwok-646.jpg

• 4 months later...

We are looking at an April 2015 run on Valor, but I think Carnival has changed their drydock timeline on her... If you search for cruises on Carnival's website they have runs every week of the upcoming year but 1 and that week is for a chartered cruise. Looks like no Guy's burgers for a little longer... :)