Haven cabin location

steilkurve

Other more exclusive ships would not have all the facilities of a mega-liner like Getaway. We get access to more restaurants, more shows and kid activities (got 2 little ones) than we would on say, Crystal, but have a more premium experience when we retreat to The Haven.

Just curious for those of you who book the Haven...is there a specific reason you go with the Haven instead of spending the same money on a more "exclusive" ship. Trying to decide what makes the Haven worth the extra money (I know all the extras that come with it, but you would get pretty pampered on some other ships too).

We cruise with our 3 children. The exclusive ships would be twice the cost as the biggest suites only hold 4 ( or allow 4) ..we would need 2 suites that connect or adjoin. Yup, we like being in the same living space with the kids! The activities for teens are just not there on the fancier ships. Once they are off to college then we can pamper ourselves a bit more. We also choose NCL Haven over our RCL 2 br suites- RCL has the summer cruises to the Caribbean that we need, but for more money on RCL we get fewer amenities and no Haven.

Since we have not been on a 'fancy" line in YEARS I cannot compare apples to oranges

Edited by DrNora

We have only cruised on NCL, but we absolutely love the Freestyle concept. I would hate having a set dining time or having to dress a certain way. And although we do not have kids, on our next cruise, our nephews are coming and the Getaway has so much for them to do! Plus, if you are in a Haven suite, you get the best of both worlds, AND you get all of those suite perks. I would imagine I could not afford a suite on one of the luxury cruise lines that offers the same perks that I get with an NCL Haven suite, like the priority boarding, tending, butler, concierge, special restaurant, etc.

Ok. Decision made! We booked Getaway for March, 2-bedroom villa under private Have sun deck. I'll let you all know how it is.

Question for experienced NCLers. Is Haven restaurant open for all meals or just breakfast and lunch? And reservations necessary or is it open seating? Finally, what's the menu like? Unique or essential that of MDR?

Thanks.

There is a thread about the menu floating around here somewhere with input within the last week or so.