Westerdam thermal suite pkg

jhs205

just wondering the approx. cost per couple of the thermal suite pkg on a 7-day Alaska cruise I have read that reservations need to be made on embarkation day while others reported that they did so in advance via a call to Guest Services. I remember one post indicating price is usually better on Embarkation day. This will be our first cruise on Holland America. Interested in hearing about others' experiences. Thanks.

I paid $299 for 2 people for the week. You can get the daily pass for $40 a person. I booked it on embarkation day; don't know if I could have booked it in advance. It doesn't have to be a couple or two people in the same cabin-my daughter and I shared it.

I was impressed that there was no crowding and everyone respected the 20 minute limit on the loungers. My room steward must have wondered about our bathing habits since I only used the shower once-the rest of the time I used the showers in the ladies changing room.

They offered a do-it-yourself scrub when you check in each time (think there is a limit of four but no one seemed to keep track.) They have scents including vanilla-orange, chocolate-peppermint, lavender and patchouli. They scoop it into a cup (and give you a scrubby although they forget sometimes or are out of them) and they suggest you do the entire thermal suite (loungers, pool, steam room etc) and finish off by using the scrub in the shower.

The last night of the cruise they closed the thermal pool at 6 pm for maintenance before the next cruise. I thought that was a little disappointing for the amount you pay. I fully expected it to be available until 10 that last night. I tended to use the facilities around 5 each evening before getting ready for dinner.

You exchange your key card for a locker key and an access card for the thermal suite. The locker has a robe and plastic slippers. There are towels available everywhere-changing room, lounge area, thermal pool area. You can just bring the robe from your cabin which is actually much nicer than the ones in the thermal area (some of them are getting a little ratty looking.) After the first two days of no self serve they will have water and cups available by the thermal pool for hydration.

Can't think of anything else; just ask if you have any other questions.

St. Louis Sal

• 4 weeks later...
Why are the thermal Suites $200.00 for the week for one person but $300.00 for two people? That is only an extra $100.00 for the second person.

Also, do both people in a cabin have to purchase it like the drink packages?

Thanks

They're simply giving you a deal when a couple books together. Both people need to book in order to use it. It's worth every penny.

Why are the thermal Suites $200.00 for the week for one person but $300.00 for two people? That is only an extra $100.00 for the second person.

Also, do both people in a cabin have to purchase it like the drink packages?

Just one more example of how this is a Noah's Ark world. Solos pay more for many things.

No, both people in a cabin do not have to purchase the suite package if only one person wants to use it.

One person can pay the single charge, or can team up with some other solo who wants to purchase; they would then pay the "couple" price.

When I cruised on the Westerdam, there were three in our cabin. We got the week pass and the price pp was discounted even more. I've used this on three different cruises and now it is a must have. Even on sea days it wasn't crowded.