napoli coast

mar2c1

You should sailing by at about 3 pm or an hour after you leave port. The sail by is over well an hour because the ship does a turnaround in order to give star baord passengers a view as well.

You will be vary close to the shore line when sailing by. Enjoy

We were on the POA in July 2013. We had 6 p.m. reservations, and that was cutting it awfully close: (we were on port side, but it is a leisurely sailby).

I would go wtih 6:30 or later.

el henry

Wrong sail-by, wrong island. :) The valcano is on the big island of Hawaii; the Napoli Coast is the rugged area on Kauai.

LOL. Right pew, wrong church.

BTW, Napoli is in Italy, I believe.

Nāpali, I think.

Nāpali, I think.

Well, I did see a segment of 60 Minutes last night the Mt Vesuvius os one of three volcanos on the eruption watch list. So maybe their will be a Napoli sail-by:D

We were on POA Dec 21-28. We made Teppanyaki reservations at five thirty thinking the sail by would be done by then. Wrong! The sail by started around five, so we changed to a different restaurant at a later time. Spent the time on our aft balcony. Beautiful! And at the end as the boat turned around the sun was setting into the ocean. Getting too dark to really enjoy the coast as much going in the other direction. Don't know how that will be in in Feb. You might want to check what time the sun sets.

Nāpali, I think.

Small technical correction -

The west side of the Island of Kauai is the Na Pali coast.

Hawaiian Dictionary - - - translate to English

Na = By, for, belonging to

Pali = Cliff, precipice, steep hill

The Na Pali coast begins at Haena (Hanalei Bay - Movie South Pacific "I going to wash that man out of my hair")

and extends along the entire westward side of the island to the Pacific Missile Test site and the town of Kehaka

where the Kokee Road begins to ascend to the viewing point of the Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the Pacific)

and the end of the road at the Kalalua Lookout which looks down to about the middle of the Na Pali coast.

The Na Pali coast does not get the record setting rainfall that the center of the island gets at Mt. Waialeale (450+ inches annually).

A shore excursion to the top of the Kokee Road is well worth it - the photo opts are fantastic.

Late afternoon is a great time to cruise the Na Pali coast - the cliffs with their shadows are remarkably defined.

One post in this series has an outstanding photo example of this.

Oh and look out for the Napoli coast Gondola boats with their singing helmsmen and the low hanging bridges ! LOL !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
add material