Question re. cabins

Occy

A quick question ............ cld someone tell me if there are different size mini suites on the different ships, or are they all the same size right across the board.

Thx. in advance.

I know there are different shapes in mini-suites but not sure about actual size. The shape makes a big difference in perceived size.

On the Diamond and Coral the rooms are long and thin. You have to walk past the bed to get to the sitting area.

On the Sea the room is much closer to a square. You walk into the sitting area in the first half of the square and the bedroom is the other half of the square. You can pull a curtain across to separate the two rooms.

I much prefer the squarer shaped room, myself.

Comments refer to almost all cabins, but some ships have a few cabins that are a different size and layout. One example would the mini's with windows instead of balconies on the Coral and Island. Also, some minis have different size balconies.

Mini's on Grand Class ships are just about all the same size and layout, this includes the Grand, Star, Golden, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, and Diamond. Minis on the Coral and Island are also very close to the Grand class designs. Minis on the Sun, Sea and Dawn are different as are the minis on the Ocean and Pacific. The Royal and Regal minis also have a little different size/layout.

On the Grand-class ships, mini-suites are pretty much a standard size and layout as well as balcony size. They are really "superior" or "deluxe" cabins that are longer to create a living area with a couch, 2nd TV, table and more storage. The main difference is all Dolphin deck mini-suites are uncovered and viewable from above, Emerald deck mini-suites are fully covered and private. The Sea, Sun and Dawn mini-suites are more like suites, essentially two cabins put together. Mom not as familiar with Coral/Island mini-suites as I've never seen one but I think they're more like the Grand-class ships.

On the Grand-class ships, mini-suites are pretty much a standard size and layout as well as balcony size. They are really "superior" or "deluxe" cabins that are longer to create a living area with a couch, 2nd TV, table and more storage. The main difference is all Dolphin deck mini-suites are uncovered and viewable from above, Emerald deck mini-suites are fully covered and private. The Sea, Sun and Dawn mini-suites are more like suites, essentially two cabins put together. Mom not as familiar with Coral/Island mini-suites as I've never seen one but I think they're more like the Grand-class ships.

Pam, just curious, where is the additional storage in a mini?

Thanks,

Mini's on coral and island are the same as Grand Class. We felt like there was the same amount of storage on a minisuite as a regular cabin. Maybe a bit more with the cubbies in the sitting area under the TV but not much. More bathroom counter space and under counter area.