Recent Cruisers--How Is The Syrup?

kcwingwalker

How weird are we CC folks to:

Test out the syrup onboard even if we are not eating something requiring syrup just to see what all the fuss is about (of course I did!);

Take our OWN syrup - yes, say that OUTLOUD to hear how crazy that sounds for a week of vacation with a whole buffet of different foods;

Maybe I should take my own orange juice? Noooooooo!!!!!!

I am humbled by how far we go to have a great cruise:D

I am simply amazed that syrup is so important that you would smuggle some in to breakfast in your purse. Do you have to wait until the waiter looks the other way before you whip it out and pour a puddle quickly? :rolleyes:

Haha.

Eggs that your chicken laid in your cabin. You know....the "service" chicken that you brought aboard because you can't eat the powdered eggs from the buffet.

Happy Cruising !

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Haha.

Eggs that your chicken laid in your cabin. You know....the "service" chicken that you brought aboard because you can't eat the powdered eggs from the buffet.

Happy Cruising !

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

At least your 'service chicken' takes up less space and weighs less than my 'service pig' (gotta to have proper bacon y'know:D). The smokery and the butchery knives are proving a bit more contentious with security however...

Bacon and Eggs - a small inconvenience for the chicken - a 'lifetime' commitment for the pig.

Haha.

Happy Cruising !

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Now THAT'S the right attitude!!!:D

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get my Red Stripe & Mrs. Butterworth, that's why!!!:eek::p

Now THAT'S the right attitude!!!:D

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get my Red Stripe & Mrs. Butterworth, that's why!!!:eek::p

NICE !!!! :D

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

At least your 'service chicken' takes up less space and weighs less than my 'service pig' (gotta to have proper bacon y'know:D). The smokery and the butchery knives are proving a bit more contentious with security however...

Bacon and Eggs - a small inconvenience for the chicken - a 'lifetime' commitment for the pig.

Is that the pig with the wooden leg?:D

Don't tell us you don't know the story......

Nope - must be a US pig - we've eaten all of ours!

Do please tell...

Amended shortish version.

It's about the reporter who sees a pig with a wooden leg in a farmer's yard. He asks about the pig. Farmer extols the virtue of the pig. Pig is smart: can add,subtract and count to twenty. Pig saved the family when the house burned. Rescued a kid from a well. Was on the cover of People magazine.....

Reporter says " Yeah,yeah,yeah. Why's the pig got a wooden leg?"

Farmer says " Shewt, boy! A pig that great....ya don't wanta eat him all at once!"

OMG that's so sick and twisted but so funny!!!

There's gotta be a way to get the smoker on, man!! We could always borrow some chefs knives from the cooks on board, right?

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Amended shortish version.

It's about the reporter who sees a pig with a wooden leg in a farmer's yard. He asks about the pig. Farmer extols the virtue of the pig. Pig is smart: can add,subtract and count to twenty. Pig saved the family when the house burned. Rescued a kid from a well. Was on the cover of People magazine.....

Reporter says " Yeah,yeah,yeah. Why's the pig got a wooden leg?"

Farmer says " Shewt, boy! A pig that great....ya don't wanta eat him all at once!"

Thanks for that - it tickled my (very warped) sense of humour. Now back to the Hop Back Summer Lightning:D:D

I am simply amazed that syrup is so important that you would smuggle some in to breakfast in your purse. Do you have to wait until the waiter looks the other way before you whip it out and pour a puddle quickly? :rolleyes:

No, not at all. Smuggling it in is very tacky. Pouring a puddle while the waiter is not looking is very rude. I just take a bite of my waffle, then take a swig right from the tiny bottle I crack open, and then offer some to my neighbors at the next table.

Coka

No, not at all. Smuggling it in is very tacky. Pouring a puddle while the waiter is not looking is very rude. I just take a bite of my waffle, then take a swig right from the tiny bottle I crack open, and then offer some to my neighbors at the next table.

Coka

**priceless**

I hope no one slips on that puddle.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

This seriously is the funniest thread ever. Being from a maple syrup area, I had just had to open it and read it, to discover what all the fuss was about.

How weird are we CC folks to:

Test out the syrup onboard even if we are not eating something requiring syrup just to see what all the fuss is about (of course I did!);

Take our OWN syrup - yes, say that OUTLOUD to hear how crazy that sounds for a week of vacation with a whole buffet of different foods;

Maybe I should take my own orange juice? Noooooooo!!!!!!

I am humbled by how far we go to have a great cruise:D

Too hilarious :D

Now I'm going to stare at the maple syrup in a months time and all I'll be able to think about is whether I should taste it to be able to weigh in my opinion. And everyone around me will be wondering why I'm staring at this container with an odd look on my face. Geeee thanks. :D

This seriously is the funniest thread ever. Being from a maple syrup area, I had just had to open it and read it, to discover what all the fuss was about.

Too hilarious :D

Now I'm going to stare at the maple syrup in a months time and all I'll be able to think about is whether I should taste it to be able to weigh in my opinion. And everyone around me will be wondering why I'm staring at this container with an odd look on my face. Geeee thanks. :D

You won't find any maple syrup on the ship unless you bring it.

This thread is a follow-on to a month ago when someone mentioned some particularly vile syrup on a ship.

You won't find any maple syrup on the ship unless you bring it.

This thread is a follow-on to a month ago when someone mentioned some particularly vile syrup on a ship.

Yes I know, I seen that thread, but at the time was too busy to read it. And my post that stated staring at the maple syrup sorry should have said "syrup" fake or otherwise but thanks for the correction.

But then again unless I was in Eastern Ontario or Western Quebec Canada or Vermont USA (standing debate from a year ago on who makes better), I wouldn't expect to find real maple syrup in any restaurant or dining venue I went to.

Edited by che5904

I just spoke to the line and asked a general question about the daily food stores consumed on board an average cruise. They noted:

"Daily food consumption aboard one of our ships:

200 pounds of salt

960 pounds of bananas

322 pounds of carrots

852 pounds of shellfish

1,431 pounds of game/poultry

104 pounds of smoked salmon

1,170 pounds of potatoes

910 pounds of ice cream

3,900 muffins

390 pounds of bacon

1,600 pounds of beef

306 pounds of veal

551 pounds of butter and margarine (salted and unsalted)

But VERY little syrup"

Apparently guests are bringing their own syrup aboard in droves due to recent posts. They are considering imposing a "corkage" fee of $15 per bottle. Even tiny bottles in purses. A yes, even if you consume it in your stateroom.

Outrageous!

Having been pre-warned here on CC about the syrup' date=' Medicalma'am and I tasted both the regular and the sugar-free syrups. The regular syrup now appears to be back to the good stuff, and the sugar-free is as good as always.[/quote']

While I was looking forward to the Martini Tastings on my cruise, I almost feel obligated to conduct a syrup/bacon tasting.....not! After a few Martini's I don't think I will really care!:D