Xpedition Gratuities

BillC

All of Celebrity's briochures state that all gratuities on the Xpedition are included.I just read the "Welcome Aboard" brochure posted in another thread re: the Xpedition.It states that according to interrnational practice,we recommend that guests express their appreciation by leaving a gratuity that will be shared by the crew.The recommendation per person / per day is $5 to $7 for the crew,and a similar amount for the naturalists.

What has been your practice on the Xpedition ?

All of Celebrity's briochures state that all gratuities on the Xpedition are included.I just read the "Welcome Aboard" brochure posted in another thread re: the Xpedition.It states that according to interrnational practice,we recommend that guests express their appreciation by leaving a gratuity that will be shared by the crew.The recommendation per person / per day is $5 to $7 for the crew,and a similar amount for the naturalists.

BillC: we tipped our cabin steward because she was extra attentive during our cruise -- a nominal $25. Our dinner table of six also gave our waiter a thank you of $30. These are not much but just tokens of appreciation. No one we talked to observed the brochure's suggested gratuity. This is just a FWIW.

Tipping was not even mentioned during the cruise.I did however tip a naturalist who went out of her way to help with a problem we had. I also tipped the main bartenter in the dicovery lounge since he was the person ,with the exception of my wife,with whom I spent most of my time on board ship.

Thanks for the responses.Sounds like what we've done on our previous cruises,namely tipping the recommended amount,but giving extra cash directly to crew members who went "above and beyond".

Hi Bill, just a month more for me to leave for MAPI and then to Quito. We are flying into Quito two days earlier so will have a little rest after a hectic Peruvian trip.

See you on board the Xpedition.

Miriam

Archived