Seabourn video

Able Seaman H

Henry, Wow! I know I'm just repeating other posters when I say this but really if someone at Seabourn has not seen this and contacted you about using it in their marketing they are crazy. What better endorsement of the Seabourn we love than to have a real guests impression and experience of their cruise. What we say in words your video says visually.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

Very classy Henry,

We were on the Spirit the week after you.

I have posted a 'first Seabourn' message alongside yours. I have attempted not to duplicate yours but it was a bit hard as you and we had the similar positive experiences.

I am a serious photographer and am, like you, in the process of culling and cutting to make the 2,000 shots tolerable to others. I'll post the link when I feel reasonably happy. If you PM me I'll give you a preview. I'll need to see if my PM address is visible when I have posted this message.

EDIT. It seems that my email address is not visible. I have sent you a befriend message as starters.

Tony

Edited by T&C Fulham

I believe it is Hello World by the group Lady Antebellum. At least that is what my Shazam app is indicating.

Indeed it is. Nashville group Lady Antebellum and the song Hello World.

Their song "Need you now" also has a video waiting in the wings. I've just to work out what it is.

Henry :)

Than you for posting such a wonderful video. Somehow made our next cruise on Seabourn closer. Loved the background music. Who was it?

As others have said, it's Lady Antebellum. If you love this song, I think you'll very much enjoy the album it comes from too, which is "Need You Now".

Looking forward to Henry's use of the title song for another video :)

Their song "Need you now" also has a video waiting in the wings. I've just to work out what it is.

Maybe for like when you order caviar at the Sky Bar and you have to wait for it?

Gee, that's probably 4:31 min long....... :D

For me Lady Antebellum's breakthrough single "Need You Now" expresses what I am currently feeling about Seabourn --our June cruise seems like lifetime away!

(And Henry, you have stumbled onto the the oldest joke on Seabourn, "No,no, this round is on me" :D).

Henry,

Most impressive. I am particularly interested in those slow pans and wondered how you did them.

I am a keen photographer and have a folio of shots from our cruise on the Spirit from 14 to 28 Dec. I am not sure of the protocol of posting the URL of shots, that include masses of fellow passengers, on this forum.

If you send me an email to tony at the mailing address of tonygamble followed by org I'll send you the link.

I am the chap who followed your First Seabourn message with my similar one.

Tony

SW6

Henry,

Most impressive. I am particularly interested in those slow pans and wondered how you did them.

I am a keen photographer and have a folio of shots from our cruise on the Spirit from 14 to 28 Dec. I am not sure of the protocol of posting the URL of shots, that include masses of fellow passengers, on this forum.

If you send me an email to tony at the mailing address of tonygamble followed by org I'll send you the link.

I am the chap who followed your First Seabourn message with my similar one.

Tony

SW6

Hi there Tony

I will email you shortly tony at tonygamble dot org.

The panning shots were done on a slider. I bought a cheap 60cm one which to be honest wasn't particularly good. It had too much play allowing lots of camera wobble. I bought it just to have a go and see what the results were like. Most of the shots were taken using a Canon 18-135mm lens, some were on a very fast 50mm prime lens - good for inside the ship without a flash. The photos in Restaurant 2 were taken with that one. I do also have a very nice 70-300mm lens with which I did some of the longer shots.

I was discussing photographing birds (feathered rather than female) with Cliff (Ciselman) from this parish. He has taken some very accomplished images and manages to capture them in action. He gave me a few tips which I will be using in the future.

Re: people, I tried not to specifically film people on the ship, ordinarily I love to photograph people and there was a wealth of material. If it's a public space then you can photograph to you heart's content but in the interest of good fellow guest relations I wouldn't want to upset anyone. Most people are happy to see themselves but you never know. Taking a Seabourn cruise might send out the wrong signal for some people in terms of clients and so on.

Thanks Henry,

I'll reply more fully when I here from you.

I had not thought of the point about clients worrying about the life style of their 'cash strapped' suppliers. I do a lot of social photography and my worry is capturing someone with their secretary (or similar) when they have told their wife they are somewhere totally different 'on business'. Or the couple looking fondly at each other at a party - when it is actually a furtive discussion as to when to break the news to their respective spouses!

Risky stuff.

Bye for now.

Tony

Stunning video. I agree that it could be used by Seabourn, with no further editing, to encapsulate the feel of a Seabourn trip.

The only problem is that it leaves me in a state of wavering between nostalgia for our trip on the Quest in Oct / Nov and frustration that we don't have a SB trip planned.

I do plan on sending a link to the video to friends we met on board - as soon as I find their email addresses!

• 3 months later...

Forgive the digging up of an old thread but I am in the process of switching some videos over from youtube to Vimeo for a variety of reasons and so wanted to post up a new link to the original video just in case anyone stumbles on this via a search. I would replace the link in the original post but unfortunately along with personal messaging Cruise Critic doesn't allow this.

Seabourncruisevimeo_zpsbf56bfe9.jpg

All the best.

Edited by Able Seaman H

Indeed !

There are a number of reasons. Youtube require you to log in using a Google account which is rather complicated in that it links email accounts and various other things, many of which may not want to be associated. Having 3 businesses, a private life and various hobbies you can imagine 1 size does not fit all.

Videos covering CCTV equipment don't want to mix with those showcasing a luxury charter motor yacht and both need to kept separate from on board footage from a Porsche 911 race car. Then there are private videos, a posh cruise might not sit comfortably beside a slightly gritty film covering prostitutes and neon night time entertainment!

Facebook accounts get linked to and in the end you haven't got a clue what is connected to what. In the midst of all that we had a youtube account pulled with no warning or for no apparent reason. Our CCTV website lost around 20 videos which were there to help and inform people. All our own work, no third party content although 1 video was quite scathing towards a competitors camera and associated claims. Was that the cause of the problem?

There is no one to talk to at youtube or Google (it was a Google plus account conflict) even though we spend tens of thousands of pounds with Google ! It all took over 2 months to resolve so in the end I decided to use Vimeo. Keep in mind we never wanted any Google Plus accounts, they are forced on you !

It isn't so good in terms of searching for and promoting videos but as a host for videos which you want to link to it wins hands down. There is a small annual charge but for that you get proper support.

Sad to say but I'm starting to turn away from Google and their expanding family.

Edited by Able Seaman H

I agree as well, they owe you a free cruise after that video.

I'm not going to argue with you :)

I wouldn't mind doing some workshops to help people make better videos. You can make massive improvements to most people's holiday videos relatively easily and I think the results would benefit not only the individuals who would have a valued memento of their trip but also Seabourn who would benefit from lots of great videos on the internet.

Ahhhh,

but SB has a policy of no passenger images to be posted

Miss and Master W did a 'story" from antarctica for pax (using submitted photos) etc but it was clearly stated that "NOTHING" was to be shared….

Pat and Rosemary Keogh did an awesome job capturing images and teaching photography

I'd loved to have shared the footage we have here, but an agreement, albeit verbal, needed to be adhered to

Plus there is the issue of using music which needs to have rights paid for….