Vision - So. Caribbean

This itinerary looks very interesting and I would love some information regarding the cruise. Was it difficult to find a hotel the night before the cruise? What about transportation from airport to port? I have sailed on RCCL 4 times - 3 on the Adventure class and once on Oasis. How does Vision compare to the Adventure class? And of course, did you enjoy the cruise?

Some friends are considering booking a western Caribbean cruise in Feb, but this one looks more appealing to me. Appreciate quick responses because I think they are wanting to book very soon.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This itinerary looks very interesting and I would love some information regarding the cruise. Was it difficult to find a hotel the night before the cruise? What about transportation from airport to port? I have sailed on RCCL 4 times - 3 on the Adventure class and once on Oasis. How does Vision compare to the Adventure class? And of course, did you enjoy the cruise?

Some friends are considering booking a western Caribbean cruise in Feb, but this one looks more appealing to me. Appreciate quick responses because I think they are wanting to book very soon.

Thanks in advance for your help!

There lots of hotels in Panama City or Colon.

We are looking for transportation to Myfriendmario, found them on this forum.

Here's some info for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41127199#post41127199

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1957394

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944034

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953730

• DO stay in Panama City for at least a day pre or post cruise, lots to see and do, and viewing the locks from land is absolutely awesome! (I liked Gatun much better than Miraflores)
  • DO NOT stay in Colon, I cannot express this enough. This city is in deplorable condition. Seriously... there is nothing to see here whatsoever
  • DO book with Myfriendmario... I did three different tours with them and all 3 were reliable and great. On one of them they combined Portobello & the Embara Indian Village tour with transport to Panama City for my post cruise hotel. Or if it's pre-cruise arrange for them to transfer you from Panama City up to Colon.

Direct answers to your questions:

I have sailed on RCCL 4 times - 3 on the Adventure class and once on Oasis. How does Vision compare to the Adventure class?

I just came off Oasis in April, and onto Rhapsody & Vision this past fall. Felt like "coming home":) and Voyager Class is my favorite. I loved both of the older ships as well.

And of course, did you enjoy the cruise?

Vision in my top 3 out of approx. 20 with RCL. Absolutely fun and interactive crew, superb CD and captain through to April when it returns to Ft Lauderdale.

Any other questions fire away!:D

• 4 weeks later...