Port times question...

whendoweleave?

About to head out on my 8th cruise and I can't for the life of me remember the deal with port times! :confused: Argh! :mad: Hormones! When in port, do you stay on ship time or local time? For example, our stay in St. Thomas is 11a-7p. Is that ship's time or local time?

Thanks!

About to head out on my 8th cruise and I can't for the life of me remember the deal with port times! :confused: Argh! :mad: Hormones! When in port, do you stay on ship time or local time? For example, our stay in St. Thomas is 11a-7p. Is that ship's time or local time?

Thanks!

Stay on ship time. However, if you have a private excursion, remember they probably use local time.

Some people just simply don't understand. If we aren't booking a tour through Carnival, we often have to know if there is a difference between ship & port times. Or if there is something scheduled that we want to catch (such as the planes landing at Maho in St Maarten), we need to know the difference. We cannot just disregard port times.

I have only had the ship change times once, and that was when we were at sea during the daylight savings switch. And by switching, that actually put us an hour earlier than 2 of our upcoming ports. Had we not switched during the cruise, the time would have been the same, so they obviously weren't concerned with matching the port times. I've had a cruise with 4 ports, where we were at least one hour later than all 4 ports, and 2 hours later than 2 of them. Repositioning cruises will change times, but Carnival tends not to change ship time to match the ports of call for their regular sailings.

Of course, if you're wondering when to be back on the ship for a 7pm sailing, that will be 6:30pm ship time. Disregard port times as far as that is concerned.

Edited by k2excursion