Carnival Pride

mpdahmer

[quote name='Twinkletoe']Hi turning40withMickey,
We are sailing the Pride the week of March 9 and want to do the Kennedy Space Center on our own like you did.
Which car rental company did you choose and did they shuttle you to and from the port to the agency?
I appreciate any help you can give.[/QUOTE]

We have rented from Thrifty and Avis. My criteria is strictly price. The agencies are all very close together on the same road.

Honestly, I shop online and get the best price. I usually reserve and cancel (no fee) several times as better prices appear.
ALL of the rental car companies are very close together. And, they all have shuttles at the cruise terminal waiting when you arrive.

It was extremely easy to get the shuttle and go to pick up the car. We all take the shuttle to the lot. One year we returned the car after the rental company closed. They give you the name of a taxi in that case to take you back. We dropped everyone off at the ship and then just DH returned the car and taxied back. It was inexpensive for the taxi, but not quite as convenient as taking the shuttle back to the ship.

I would google "rental cars, Cape Canaveral" and you can do mock bookings online to see the prices. I see you are in Canada, so I am not sure if it works exactly the same, but any I have done do not even require a credit card to reserve, which makes it easy for me to keep price checking and switching around.

For car rentals....it is CAPE Canaveral, not Port Canaveral.

Are you travelling with children? Mine were less than impressed with Kennedy Space Center. I think they were expecting more rides and action. It is mostly exhibits. There is an imax movie, and a simulator ride or two (one was out of order during our visit).

I am glad we went, but it is not somewhere we will repeat. It was amazing to see the actual shuttle.

[quote name='almoma']Has anybody rented zip cars in Port Canaveral? We are still debating Kennedy Spare Center or the Orlando parks for our trip in October. How far is the drive to Walt Disney from the pier?[/QUOTE]

I never heard of it before. Googling about it now....
Are you already a member? We paid under 50 for the day to rent a minivan (seven passenger) at local Cape Canaveral agencies.

It is about an hour and 15 minutes drive to Walt Disney. (66 miles) You would also have to park in one of the huge lots which might be quite a distance from the park entrance.

Kennedy Space Center is about 15 miles, 25 minute drive maybe.

First of all, the Pride has not left Baltimore. It is an older ship but very clean. Make sure you have something for possible sea sickness as the first night down can be rough until you get further south. Now this ship is full of pictures of nude large women, even in the elevators. Once you get used to that, have fn.

It was my first cruise ever last June as wife and I went on our honeymoon. It def made a cruiser out of me cause we're going back this June! Sure we want to expirence other ships , but until we do , I'm not dissappointed at all with this ship.

Geo

[quote name='mpdahmer']Just booked 3 cabins on the Pride out of Baltimore. This will be our first sailing out of Baltimore and on this ship.

Any infor would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!![/QUOTE]

Pride is a very warm and romantic ship we just returned on Jan 12th loved her !

[quote name='Twinkletoe']Hi turning40withMickey,
We are sailing the Pride the week of March 9 and want to do the Kennedy Space Center on our own like you did.
Which car rental company did you choose and did they shuttle you to and from the port to the agency?
I appreciate any help you can give.[/QUOTE]
Sailing in just over a week - hooray and I've booked a rental car in PC. Like the other poster price is my decision maker. I booked Budget for the day - all in $48.10 :)

[quote name='jwlnroe']silly question but the bathrooms on the Pride have hair dryers right? I know the triumph they did and they weren't extremely powerful but i'd like to not have to haul mine with if they have them on the ship. Thanks![/quote]

Hair dryer was hard wired into our desk drawer -- not in the bathroom. My wife said it was weak but okay; my bald spot did not seem to notice any lack of drying power. :o

[quote name='jwlnroe']silly question but the bathrooms on the Pride have hair dryers right? I know the triumph they did and they weren't extremely powerful but i'd like to not have to haul mine with if they have them on the ship. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes they have them but be aware they are permanently wired to drawer at desk. You also must hold power button while drying. If you have super thick hair you may want to bring your own but otherwise should be ok.

[quote name='christie629']Yes they have them but be aware they are permanently wired to drawer at desk. You also must hold power button while drying. If you have super thick hair you may want to bring your own but otherwise should be ok.[/quote]

thanks - yes I do have thick hair but I don't dry it all the way usually either.. I'll see if I have room for it when I do my final packing... otherwise the in room one will have to do

[quote name='lovestocruise19'][IMG]https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/205569_10150170155539721_7524316_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/198907_10150170155729721_7877736_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/206704_10150170158694721_6312769_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/199178_10150170161214721_3303502_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/205650_10150170161679721_2355952_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/208604_10150170167514721_7304995_n.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice pics!

Geo

So here's another question for experience Pride travelers to Freeport. As far as the snorkeling day trip, has anybody experienced any issues of running late coming back into the ship? Also, is the day limo trip worth the money?

Thanks!

I had no issue coming back from Pat & Diane. The most annoying part was that we missed the first bus back to the ship because people were pushing and cutting the line, so we had to wait (about 10 minutes) for another bus. We still got back with about 20 minutes to spare. When you get back to the port at Freeport there is generally a very long line of people waiting to get on the ship, so we still had time to look around the little shops at the port (instead of standing in line, we walked around a little until the line was almost all gone). So - I feel like even if we hadn't gotten on bus #2, we still would have made it on time if we had to wait for a third bus.

[quote name='Ocean Dancer']Does the Pride have the old shows with the live orch or the new Hasbro ones?[/QUOTE]

When we were on the Pride on the 10/6/13 sailing they had the old shows. We will be on the 1/26/14 cruise too.