nebulizer

ladythaij

Should be no problem at all -- just be sure to bring an extension cord with you, in case you want to set up your machine on the coffee table, bedside, etc. I take my CPAP with me every time, and have never had any problems on board with it.

thank you everyone for your answers. glad to know i should have a problem bringing it.

It's probably not a bad idea to bring either a copy of the prescription, or a doctor's note, just in case security questions it.

i don't have the prescription any more but should the prescription label on my albuterol be ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take mine and put it in my carry on. It was questioned at one port. They saw something with a motor and wanted to look. I popped open the case, told them what it was and I was good to go.

No RX needed. ;)

I take mine and put it in my carry on. It was questioned at one port. They saw something with a motor and wanted to look. I popped open the case, told them what it was and I was good to go.

No RX needed. ;)

thank you sinjan. i'm glad i don't have to worry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a late reply, but when embarking in Tampa; I was asked to take my nebulizer out of my checked luggage and put it in my carry on.

Fortunately, my porter asked me if I had any electrical or medical devices such as a "breathing machine" in my luggage prior to taking it, and he told me to take it out and put it in my carry on; otherwise it might create an issue with my checked luggage going through screening. I noticed that the other porters were also asking specifically about "breathing machines", and having other cruisers do the same.

This may have been an issue specific to the Port of Tampa, or it could have been a recent rule change; but either way it can't hurt to put your nebulizer in your carry on just in case. I will be putting mine in my carry on from now on.

For the record this was in Sept. 2013.

I always take mine (need to use it) and pack it in my checked bags. So far no problem. I also take a CPAP and get an extension cord for it. The extension cord along with an outlet strip really helps. My side of the bed usually looks like a mini hospital room.

I know this is a late reply, but when embarking in Tampa; I was asked to take my nebulizer out of my checked luggage and put it in my carry on.

Fortunately, my porter asked me if I had any electrical or medical devices such as a "breathing machine" in my luggage prior to taking it, and he told me to take it out and put it in my carry on; otherwise it might create an issue with my checked luggage going through screening. I noticed that the other porters were also asking specifically about "breathing machines", and having other cruisers do the same.

This may have been an issue specific to the Port of Tampa, or it could have been a recent rule change; but either way it can't hurt to put your nebulizer in your carry on just in case. I will be putting mine in my carry on from now on.

Anything that you can not live without should be carried on. Medical devices, medicines, money, jewelry, passports are some of the things that never should be in checked luggage.

thank you for your reply. i will be carrying it on like you suggest.

I had the Ol'mans in my carry on don't remember the port, was ask why a had a cheese wheel in my case I'm like huh. They missed the wine I had because they were so worried about the cheese.

Very funny we all had a good laugh.

lmbo!! too funny!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my son was young he needed a nebulizer - we traveled once a twice a year with it. No problem getting on the cruise ship, but it did draw quite a bit of attention going through the scanner at the airport.

No problems getting through, but it did add some time going through the security check line.

When my son was young he needed a nebulizer - we traveled once a twice a year with it. No problem getting on the cruise ship, but it did draw quite a bit of attention going through the scanner at the airport.

No problems getting through, but it did add some time going through the security check line.

we are driving so no airport checks. it's good to know that we won't have problems when we get to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk