Alcohol in SJU airport cheaper?

Kim

Can anyone tell me if it is cheaper or more or less the same price to buy alcohol on the way home at the SJU airport or better to buy it in St. Thomas? I would much rather carry it on the plane than have to pack it in my checked bags.

Thanks for any help.

Liquor is cheaper in St. Thomas. That being said, you can't put.a price on the convenience of the duty free store in the terminal at the gates. You're past security and can put your purchases in your carry on. I really do love the convenience of duty free store for this reason and it's still cheaper than home.

Edited by paylady

Be mindful of what you can and cannot do if you have a connecting flight after you depart SJU - if you have to go through security again, you won't be able to carryon...

And it can get heavy. Last time we found a place that had padded carry sholder bags. Of course we had to buy more to get more free bags. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered if you could still purchase and carry on in San Juan. Great way to grab some liquor to take home and not worry about packing it in the bags. I did a few years ago and still use the padded shoulder bags! The bags were zip tied shut so you couldn't open them. I think it had 2 bottles of rum in them with a padded divider in between the bottles. They are great bags to transport bottles to parties or tailgating! ;)

I wondered if you could still purchase and carry on in San Juan. Great way to grab some liquor to take home and not worry about packing it in the bags. I did a few years ago and still use the padded shoulder bags! The bags were zip tied shut so you couldn't open them. I think it had 2 bottles of rum in them with a padded divider in between the bottles. They are great bags to transport bottles to parties or tailgating! ;)

Yep that's what we got, we did it last Jan, Im sure you still can, the alcohol sells very well in the airport.