Carnival Tender HMC

swimgirl1

How long was the tendering process at HMC, (in hours) if not doing a ship excursion?

It will depend on the class of ship and how full they've sailed. For our cruise last October on Victory, it looked like everyone who really wanted to come over was shoreside within an hour, maybe 90 minutes tops, and the ship sailed pretty full.

It will depend on the class of ship and how full they've sailed. For our cruise last October on Victory, it looked like everyone who really wanted to come over was shoreside within an hour, maybe 90 minutes tops, and the ship sailed pretty full.

I am sure the ship was so full you couldn't tell the difference. Ships sail very close to full, or full, all the time.

I am sure the ship was so full you couldn't tell the difference. Ships sail very close to full, or full, all the time.

Yes, that's the official story, but I know for a fact that it isn't always the case; one of my cruises sailed 70% full.

Yes, that's the official story, but I know for a fact that it isn't always the case; one of my cruises sailed 70% full.

The term "full" is relatively subjective. Full at double occupancy? Full with all cabins filled to capacity? Full with 10% at single occupancy?

The cruise lines love to spin the term full to their advantage.

If the ships doesn't sail "full", will Carnival upgrade free or lesser charge and when would this ussally happen?

What Carnival considers full and what you consider full may be two different things. This thread is getting way off topic.

Edited by Typhoon1

If the ships doesn't sail "full", will Carnival upgrade free or lesser charge and when would this ussally happen?

If Carnival makes any upgrades or upsells available, they do so by phone or email before the cruise. They don't seem to allow or offer upgrades or upsells at the pier, oddly enough.

For THAT particular sailing (on Imagination) that was 70% full, there were not many (if any) pre-cruise upsells reported here on CC.

We discovered the ship was 70% full during the Behind the Fun tour, and two people on the tour with me then murmured they'd asked for at-pier upgrades, offering additional money, and had been declined "because the ship sailed full." :o

If Carnival makes any upgrades or upsells available, they do so by phone or email before the cruise. They don't seem to allow or offer upgrades or upsells at the pier, oddly enough.

For THAT particular sailing (on Imagination) that was 70% full, there were not many (if any) pre-cruise upsells reported here on CC.

We discovered the ship was 70% full during the Behind the Fun tour, and two people on the tour with me then murmured they'd asked for at-pier upgrades, offering additional money, and had been declined "because the ship sailed full." :o

I thought this thread was about HMC tendering.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought this thread was about HMC tendering.

It is, and the question of how 'full' a ship sails ties directly into the time required for tendering. (There was a followup question about upsells from another CC member.)