cozumel bar hop - prices at bars?

PUGSLEYTAZ

Can anyone tell me what the prices for drinks / food is like at the bars on the route? It gets GREAT reviews both here and on trip adivsor. my DH says he has heard that you end up spending largec because of high drink/food prices. thanks

Not any more than any other place around town. Large margarita type drinks were about $8-$10, Cocktails were around $6-$7, Beer was about $3. Nothing to worry about. We had one or two drinks at each place and nachos, ceviche, fish and shrimp throughout our day and I think we spent maybe $60 or so. Food was AWESOME!! The Ceviche at the second or third stop was WONDERFUL!!!!! My mouth is watering.

CozCocktail1.jpg.f0a5ffb361750bfdd92402a197ea4cf7.jpg

CozCocktail3!!!.jpg.2fabd5605609c424945d50c37157f671.jpg

Cozfishlunch.jpg.08cfe96d9e3ef9d9d56e02eff9143794.jpg

Not any more than any other place around town. Large margarita type drinks were about $8-$10, Cocktails were around $6-$7, Beer was about $3. Nothing to worry about. We had one or two drinks at each place and nachos, ceviche, fish and shrimp throughout our day and I think we spent maybe $60 or so. Food was AWESOME!! The Ceviche at the second or third stop was WONDERFUL!!!!! My mouth is watering.

At one time, many different BH itineraries ago, you got a coupon/token for a drink (beer being the frequent choice) or % off at every stop. That not the case any more?

I think the 3rd stop based on the web is Playa Bonita. And they do have good ceviche. I like their ceviche gorditas. Rasta's the last stop(?) used to have some of the best ceviche on the island, IMO.

Edited by crewsweeper

Yes, I believe Playa Bonita was the Ceviche (and the fish in the photo.....and the larger drink in the photo). Coconuts had the most expensive least impressive food but we only got Nachos there....and a few beers. I think it was maybe $20 with tip for 4 beers and a plate of nachos.

You do get one free "drink" at each place, but it's the drink of choice of the bar. One place had a shot, one place had some sort of rum punch, I think there was an unforgetable small margarita at one.....things like that. Mostly served in small plastic cups. If you like a good cocktail or cold cervesa, you'll definitely want to have some cash for drinks. The free ones are nothing to write home about.

Rastas was our favorite as far as atmosphere.....or was it because it was the last one and we were feeling "muy bueno" by that time. Not sure, but we did have fun!!

At one time, many different BH itineraries ago, you got a coupon/token for a drink (beer being the frequent choice) or % off at every stop. That not the case any more?

I think the 3rd stop based on the web is Playa Bonita. And they do have good ceviche. I like their ceviche gorditas. Rasta's the last stop(?) used to have some of the best ceviche on the island, IMO.

No vouchers from the Bar Hop but if you are buying food and drink you can pick up a discount coupon from Cozumel insider for some of the bars on Cozumel.

Can we go to Rasta and Cocunut with our son (16 years old)?

You can go there on your own. Coconuts is mainly for the views and can have some "not quite appropriate" signs and garments hanging about. Though right up a 16 year old's humor alley.:D

Rasta's has a nice beach and I've seen younger kids hanging out there with families.

You will either need to have the taxi driver wait for you or schedule return times/pick up times as taxis don't normally "patrol" or "stand" at these places. They'd rather drop you off and head back from more fares. Don't hop into a taxi at the pier and then make arrangements. Get everything up front and have the driver repeat it back to you before getting into the taxi. If the first one is balking, go to the next one. Prices for the round trip will be listed on a placard both at the port and in the taxi. Offer to buy lunch if he'll wait and barter the wait time $.

First stop Punta Morena.

We also had people go in at Rastas. Beautiful beach there. I think that was our favorite and we could have stayed there all day.

As far as shopping time....that depends on when you ship departs. We had hoppers on our trip who's ship left at 4 pm, so we were back at about 3 pm (tour left at 10 am I think) and dropped them off at thier pier (Puerta Maya) then they took us back to town where our ship was docked and we didn't sail until 9 pm. So, it will depend on your ships port time.

My adult daughter and I did this bar hop and had a great time. The prices are the same as if you were drinking elsewhere on the island. We started the tour with a bunch of compete strangers and a quiet bus. By the end, we were all friends laughing and talking, had a great time!