Cost of 4 hour private cab/van

adkboy

Group of five leaving on the EOS on 4/19/14 to Bermuda and will want to rent a private van for four hours in Hamilton. Does anyone have a clue to a price of such an endeavor. Thanks a million. Enjoy the pink sand!!

Bill

Group of five leaving on the EOS on 4/19/14 to Bermuda and will want to rent a private van for four hours in Hamilton. Does anyone have a clue to a price of such an endeavor. Thanks a million. Enjoy the pink sand!!

Bill

The price for 5-6 passengers touring in a taxi is $55.50 per hour, which comes to $222 for a four hour tour. (I assume you're asking about a taxi tour...there are no car rentals in Bermuda.) Note that the government is considering raising taxi fares, so the figure I quoted could change in the near future.

Is there a particular reason why you want to start in Hamilton? You can be picked up at your ship's berth in the Royal Naval Dockyard.

It's probably best to reserve in advance. If you read a bit on the board you'll find a number of recommended drivers. Here's a very long thread...you may want to start at the end and work backwards in order to read the most recent recommendations and experiences: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339 .

Edited by njhorseman

njhorseman

Thanks for your reply. We thought the ferry ride to Hamilton would be part of the "Bermuda Experience." We plan to do the caves, aquarium and zoo and then head over to the Admiral House Park for some cliff jumping & swimming. It probably won't take four hours, but just in case….

Thanks for your advice. Sail on!

Hi there.. I could help you out with a great taxi service... let me know if you interested....

Any advice would be helpful. However, we won't decide which day to tour until the day before, depending on the weather forecast. The best weather day will be a beach day. Is there anyone we can ask for at the dock that you recommend? Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

We just booked our taxi driver for our October cruise the general rate is $10/hr per person but with larger groups you can get the fare a lil cheaper. There will be taxis lines up along port to assist you. We book Collin Jennings as he came highly recommended but when I emailed him he only had one of the days we will be at port available. So I would say if you want to have a sure thing that your getting a great driver book in advance, but I've also heard of people getting a taxi from port and having an excellent driver as well. Here is Colin's email: colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I just got a quote of $50 / hr for 4 people And $70 / hr for 6-7 people. The published rates are $40 and $55 respectively on the following site

http://www.gotobermuda.com/what-to-do/transportation/

Am I missing something

Yes, there is a 25% taxi fare increase starting 5/1. Tour prices are now $50 for 4 passengers, $70 for 5 to 7 passengers, per hour, minimum of 3 hours.

Read here and here.

SBtS

Will they do an island your and take me to the crystal cave all in one day. Obviously it might take an hour extra .

Would the visit to the caves be part of the tour? It can be if you request it, but I don't understand paying the guide to hang around as you tour the caves. You can design your own tour or let the driver/guide show you his Bermuda.

IMHO, visiting the caves is DIY. Ferry to Hamilton, and then bus to caves. Retrace you steps to get back to the cruise ship, easy peasy.

BTW, you could end the tour at the caves, and then bus and ferry back to the cruise ship.

What cruise ship are you on, dates of cruise, and are planning to join your Roll Call?????

SBtS