Alaska Cruisetour

Has anyone been on one of these Alaska Cruisetours with RC? What's your opinion of them? Is it better to join these tours or book the tour and cruise separately? I'm particularly interested in these 2 cruisetours.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do?packageCode=RD11B403&sailDate=1140829

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do?packageCode=RD10B401

Alaska on land is incredibly easy to navigate on your own - especially to visit the places you are interested in. Have you considered that option?

Generally, the problem with these tours is they do not leave enough time to enjoy the places you're visiting - particularly Denali. The Natural History Tour does not go very far into the park, limiting your chances to see wildlife. The Tundra Wilderness Tour is better, so you should consider upgrading to that option.

There's also a lot to see and do in Seward; leave time to explore the area before your cruise.

Edited by GMoney

We did Cruise-tour #19 which is almost identical to the 10 day you linked. We loved it! Our tour director took care of everything ... we didn't worry about a thing. I would do it again without hesitation. (There's a link to pictures in my signature area if your interested.)

We did a cruise tour this past June & it was fabulous. There is a link in my signature also detailing our full trip with lots of money saving ideas and pictures.

I would also recommend doing the land portion first and the cruise second. The land portion is go, go, go for the most part and you're sleeping somewhere different just about every night.

If you have other questions, I would be happy to try to answer them based on our experience :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We did a 7 day cruise with 5 days in. The hard part of booking outside the cruisline is you have no clue what time you will be at a stop prior to your trip unless you somehow get that info. I am a REAL PLANNER but couldn't get much info before the cruise. We usually arrived around 3-5pm and left in the morning except Denali. We tried to plan a few places we wanted to eat (Diners, Drive-in & Dives) places and managed to make them all :D but time was limited. I can't imagine trying to book excursions on your own if you are on a tour or in Denali for over 24 hours like we were.

BonVoyage

Dawna