Beware of Pre-Ordering Stateroom Bar Setup Packages

nav1027

I had a very unfortunate experience with an advance pre-ordering of Premium Stateroom Bar Setup Packages (at a cost of $100 each) for my latest cruise on Infinity. When I boarded the ship in Valparaiso on the 22nd of December 2013, I have noticed that none of the two packages were there (one was supposed to be Cles des Ducs XO,the other one Extase XO). I have asked the cabin attendant, but she was unaware of any order. Guest relations staff were not quite sure about what I am talking about until I pointed out that there should be a record of my purchase in my file. Long story short, after numerous inquiries I was told that my orders have not been delivered to the ship, and that there are no comparable substitutions available. No XO cognacs in any of the bars, no Extase XO anywhere on the ship (although it is listed on the bar menus). And there were no real apologies, and no real attempt to make it up to me. What a lack of customer service it was!

BarMenu.jpg.626fae9f9705493bc96c9b718b233845.jpg

I had a very unfortunate experience with an advance pre-ordering of Premium Stateroom Bar Setup Packages (at a cost of $100 each) for my latest cruise on Infinity. When I boarded the ship in Valparaiso on the 22nd of December 2013, I have noticed that none of the two packages were there (one was supposed to be Cles des Ducs XO,the other one Extase XO). I have asked the cabin attendant, but she was unaware of any order. Guest relations staff were not quite sure about what I am talking about until I pointed out that there should be a record of my purchase in my file. Long story short, after numerous inquiries I was told that my orders have not been delivered to the ship, and that there are no comparable substitutions available. No XO cognacs in any of the bars, no Extase XO anywhere on the ship (although it is listed on the bar menus). And there were no real apologies, and no real attempt to make it up to me. What a lack of customer service it was!

Thanks for the heads up. How disappointing. At times X has a lot of hype and does not always deliver as promoted.

Debbie, there was no website error. There existed a record of this purchase in my file (and I got a refund as a shipboard credit). The explanation was that Celebrity has missed a scheduled supply delivery in Valparaiso of these and other drinks. And yes, I had an email confirmation on my phone, which I had to show to guest relations personnel, who were not quite sure that there are beverage packages other than the usual drink-inclusive ones... ;)

Debbie, there was no website error. There existed a record of this purchase in my file (and I got a refund as a shipboard credit). The explanation was that Celebrity has missed a scheduled supply delivery in Valparaiso of these and other drinks. And yes, I had an email confirmation on my phone, which I had to show to guest relations personnel, who were not quite sure that there are beverage packages other than the usual drink-inclusive ones... ;)

Sounds like more training is needed there :eek: I'm glad you got a refund but it's a shame you didn't get what you had paid for or much of an apology. My problem is that sometimes customer service is so inconsistent, they go to great lengths to apologise for something minor then fail to when it really matters, but then that behaviour exists everywhere I guess.

I'm bothered more by the difficulty in finding your order and trying to help you than by the delivery failure. I can understand the difficulties in getting special shipments to ports in foreign countries, especially during the just before Christmas shipping crunch.

j

You should have T least gotten a cash/credit card reimbursement, not a shipboard credit.

No one has said they could not have gotten credit card credit if they had anticipated not spending the shipboard credit.

But not getting the XO because of a missed port. Wow. That ranks right up there with world peace and world hunger. Oops, sorry. That is only in beauty pageants. :D