Will they take a signature preferred boarding pass if it has been trimmed

lets_dance

I'm not going to be the person sitting in the back seat of the taxi arguing with a Sheriff why they don't need to see our boarding passes or passports.

EVERY time we have entered Port Everglades in the last years, we have ALWAYS had to show our passports. The taxi stops at the check point booth, and a Sheriff (or some uniformed person) looks at our passports.

I won't be arguing either. :D

We always have our passports ready but they haven't looked at it the last few times; just waving it through. What i was trying to say what is the use of asking for boarding passes and/or passports when I may be just going in to port to pick up friends getting off a ship. Either way, both passenger and good friend enter the port. :)

both at Port Everglades and Tampa -- as long as I was on a shuttle bus I never had to show my boarding pass.

We have had to produce our passports/boarding passes at Pt. Everglades while on a shuttle bus after returning our rental car.

I don't recall ever being asked for a boarding pass to enter Port Everglades (since 2007); a few times they have asked for passports but that hasn't happened it the past couple of years either.

When they did check boarding passes outside the terminal it seems to have been to be more about identifying suite passengers and making sure people were at the right ship.

Checking in they have not looked at it either, just passport and looked us up on the computer.

That said, I always have a copy of the front page - just in case. ;) I doubt trimming the edges would cause any issues.

Boarding passes were requested when we produced our passports to enter Pt. Everglades this past December. A few months prior to that, in addition to the passports and boarding passes, my driver's license was requested (I was driving)--that was a first!

A couple of years ago in Tampa, no one was allowed to enter the terminal without their boarding passes. Needless to say, the lines were backed up and there were many disgruntled individuals but we sailed right on in.

Another time in Pt. Everglades computers were down, because we were able to present our boarding passes we were moved quickly through the check-in process. Others were not so lucky.

Despite the above stated instances where we needed to present boarding passes, there have been many more times where they were not requested nor needed. Before every sailing, we make copies of the first page and tuck them into the passports and they are readily available if needed.

I'm not going to be the person sitting in the back seat of the taxi arguing with a Sheriff why they don't need to see our boarding passes or passports.

EVERY time we have entered Port Everglades in the last years, we have ALWAYS had to show our passports. The taxi stops at the check point booth, and a Sheriff (or some uniformed person) looks at our passports.

I agree, there is no way that we are going to challenge a Sheriff regarding the necessity of them seeing our passports or boarding passes.

We also have always had to produce our passports when entering Pt. Everglades in a taxi.

What about the other papers of HAL boarding documents (10 or more pages), do we need them also? They are too heavy, especially for two people.

That's completely up to you! The only page people will be interested in is the first one with your names and cruise info on it

One of the pages is a handy itinerary. I always print that out, just for myself. Another page will have specific information regarding the embarkation and disembarkation ports. If you're cruising in or out of a foreign city or any port for that matter where you haven't been, it may be handy to print that page as well.

All that being said, why not have it all available? It'll only help you out if you are asked for it and hinder you if you don't have it. I doubt anyone cares as to its size though, so long as its all there.

We always print it up and bring it along. It remains with our documents, it's there if needed, no one ever asked to see it.

A HAL rep once told me, they would use them if the computer system goes down.

Edited by Typhoon1

What about the other papers of HAL boarding documents (10 or more pages), do we need them also? They are too heavy, especially for two people.

If I recall correctly, the instructions say that one copy per cabin of the other pages is all you need to print and bring. Only the first page is needed for each person. In practice, I don't think you need even one copy of the other pages, although they do contain some useful information.