"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

After 4 days I would like to address the issue of the “surly staff”. I have yet to encounter any member of the staff that is not friendly. While some staff members are more outgoing than others, the entire staff is friendly and happy to answer questions and help out. We have talk to members of the maintenance team, to room stewards, wait staff, and management. They are all great. I honestly don’t understand the sour comments on the staff. They are simply wonderful.

I do think that some of the negative comments come from cruisers that did not do thorough research of the Vision Class ships. If you are expecting a Freedom Class or Oasis Class experience on the Legend, then you will be disappointed. If you are doing this cruise with full knowledge that this is a small ship and sailing for the itinerary, then I think you will be happy. Since we did the Vision in 2012 we knew what our cruise experience would be like. So far the Legend crew has exceeded the Vision crew of last winter. Kudos.

Lisa and Walt

Everyone affects people in different ways...when I was working...one of my staff would come into a room and everyone would suddenly become very much nicer than they usually were...I always told her she really wasn't ever seeing the real person. Surly staff could also be surly staff to some but not others. I'm not saying that some staff are not surly to just about everyone...but some might become surly when mostly they are not...just as a quick assessment...my guess from seeing the OP's faces that most staff would not be surly to them...unless the OP's manner was significantly different than their faces project. :):):):) <------------ 4 happy faces

Edited by cruiseclues

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, I wanted to tell you about a cruise coming up that is very close to the Legend cruise. you might already know of it. the Serenade is cruising out of Ft Lauderdale in 2016 ( I know early..i am obsessed) and has 10/11 day itineraries like the Legend. I loved the legend and I know you did and you guys missed a little from being sick...so I wanted to give you a heads up.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Today is the big day…it’s my birthday! My birthday gift from Walt was the Trike Aruba Tour and wow!

P1160013_zpsb7a67b6b.jpg

But first things first. We were able to disembark at 10am and we did not need to leave for our tour until 1pm. So , we got off the ship and ran the gauntlet of independent tours to get into town. We did a little shopping at the shacks and then wandered over to The Paddock for lunch. The Paddock is the cow print building on the marina across from the ships on the marina. There are fantastic photo opportunities from the restaurant. We had a nice lunch and took pictures.

P1160021_zpsdcde8161.jpg

After lunch we found a sidewalk that runs behind the Renaissance Hotel along the waterfront. We found that there are hundreds of iguanas living on the rocks and the property. We even stumbled upon their mid-day snack.

P1160050_zpsd5f3143f.jpg

Since it was getting close to 1pm, we headed back to the port to catch a cab with Kayter and friends to Trikes Aruba. This was an incredible 3 hour tour of the island. I highly recommend it even if you have never ridden a motorcycle. Walt has never driven one, but Michael Angelo taught him how to do and we are alive to tell the tale. There were 4 stops along the way so everyone had a chance to follow our guides. Oh, and our guides took pictures from the lead trike and those pictures will be posted on the Trikes-Aruba facebook page tomorrow. If you are looking for something different to do in Aruba, then you should consider this tour.

P1160057_zps4cf764bf.jpg

P1160098_zps38d149c0.jpg

Well, I must get ready for our dinner at Izumi tonight…more tomorrow.

Lisa and Walt

Hi Lisa,

I have really enjoyed your review. We are doing the 11n Feb 2015 and was wondering if you can remember what time you had to be back on the ship in Aruba? I am looking at the private sunset sail and it ends at 7 at Moomba Pier and the LOS sails at 8. The pier, I have been told is a 15 minute drive from where the sunset sail ends. Trying to figure out if I would make it back on the ship or should I forget this sunset sail. Thanks and I am glad you had such an amazing time, you both look so happy in the pictures.

Vickie and Joe (Joekie)

• 3 weeks later...

First off I would like to thank you for your time and dedication doing this live review. It was awesome and I can't even begin to imagine all the time and effort that you spent. We are going on the Serenade of the Seas 11 day in March 2016.....couldn't pass up this wonderful itinerary. I have 2 questions for you.....I assume that these are the "new" menus for Royal? Second question is there anyway that you could post the 11 day menu? I'm a bit if a planner and I'm hoping these will be the same menus and then I can see which nights would be good to skip in the MDR and go to Chops or Giovanni's.

It's official, there are no pictures of night 11's menus. I double checked my files and Walt checked his and apparently we were preoccupied with packing and other stuff. Oops. :)

Lisa

No worries...thought I would take a chance and ask...again great review! This is such an awesome itinerary. The Serenade is almost the same except we go to Antigua instead of Labadee. We sailed on Serenade once before so I'm really excited to be on the ship again....she's a beauty :D

• 6 months later...

Hi Lisa - Hope you are still receiving notices from this thread. Thanks for the detailed review. I took lots of notes and put a request in to have my dining time changed back to late Mdr. We are doing 11 nighter on Legend in Jan.

I also wanted to wish you a fabulous and healthy upcoming trip in the Oasis.

I've had the experience of getting a cold while on ship. I'll be packing econasia and airborne, wipes for room and Advil just in case.

Hi Lisa - Hope you are still receiving notices from this thread. Thanks for the detailed review. I took lots of notes and put a request in to have my dining time changed back to late Mdr. We are doing 11 nighter on Legend in Jan.

I also wanted to wish you a fabulous and healthy upcoming trip in the Oasis.

I've had the experience of getting a cold while on ship. I'll be packing econasia and airborne, wipes for room and Advil just in case.

Thank you! We are heading to Florida tomorrow and are really excited about the Oasis. :)

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app